new baby veiled

yodalocz

i just got him today and named him Yoda. i just took some quick pics right when i got him and put him in his new home so he can adjust. here are the pics:D
IMAG0961.jpg

IMAG0975.jpg

What a sweetie you have. Guess I had forgotten how small they can be. Enjoy him while he is small - they grow so fast.

i dont know how old he is, i was surprised how small he was when i opened the package. i got him from lllreptiles, got the baby veiled package. thanks for the link, everyone on here has been soo helpful. ive been on this site reading everything i can to keep yoda in good health

Does Yoda have little bumps on the back of his heels on his back feet? Just checking to make sure he's a boy. In the first picture I couldn't see one but it could just be the picture.

i seriously just assumed it was a male because i called lllreptiles and told them i wanted a male, but know i think its a female i dont see no bump or maybe im just not sure cuz im a new cham owner

Congrats on your new little one! I currently have 40 babies that i have raised and am selling now. They do grow fast!

That first pic kinda gives me an indication that you may have a female just by lookign at that foot. Can you get poem better pics to make it more clear?

We love helping new people!

Actually it also looks to me as though that is a female... Would you show us some more pictures of the back of the feet? :)

Edit: As usual I've been beaten :eek: I guess this just shows how much all of us hope we can help.

sweet little guy you got there. He looks to be around 2-3 months, from the size compared to your hand thats about the size of my panther and hes 2 months, i dont know the size difference between the species but im pretty sure its not much different :p

Even if it is a girl; little girls are sweet and they deserve a good home, too. Female are a bit harder but I have a female and I will help you as much as I can and so will everyone else here.

it dont matter male female im still happy. now i gotta think about a new name. i have a question doh, why is a female harder? besides the fact the she lays eggs

veiledI remember when my veiled was small. I couldn't wait for him to grow up so that he could start showing colors but more so because then he could eat some decent sized crickets and I wouldn't have to fumble around with those tiny tiny crickets!

im not a veiled owner but hopefully soon i will be. (getting one of stefans babies) but from what ive read, alot just has to do with the laying of the eggs. keeping tempuratures low enough and her food intake down so she doesnt produce bigger clutches which in turn can take alot out of her. but like jannb said, helpful advice is only a keyboard away.

it dont matter male female im still happy. now i gotta think about a new name. i have a question doh, why is a female harder? besides the fact the she lays eggs

That's about it. When the time comes we will all help you with the laying bin and egg laying process.

ok now im a bit worried. how old does she have to be to produce eggs? well when the time comes i know you all will help me thank you everybody on the forum

ok now im a bit worried. how old does she have to be to produce eggs? well when the time comes i know you all will help me thank you everybody on the forum

Don't worry. When she's 5 1/2 months you'll need to set up a laying bin just in case. My female didn't lay her first clutch until she was 14 months old. That link that I gave you above has some special info for the female you can read.

so i just read the raisingkitty piece about keeping a female veiled. so from i understand i dont need a basking lamp just keep temp at 80 and uvb light? it is bad to have a basking light? because i have one now and temp is 80

How are you measuring your temps? I've never used a basking light on my female but I live in FL and it stays fairly warm in my house. I just have the light fixture that holds two lights and I have the UVB in one side and the regular florescent bulb in the other side and it keep my girl in the low 80's. I use a temp gun to measure the temps and point the laser right on her body.

i have a zoo med stick up on that came with the cage and another round thermometer they both read 80ish cant be exact but i know its not warmer than 82-83 at max. during the day the temp is good but at night it gets a little cold here.

Back
Top Bottom