New baby off food. Common?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
I lucked out and got a new 3 month old baby.. as of today, I’ve only had him for a week. He only ate a few of his bugs yesterday, nothing today. Kind of been through a lot with chameleons and health issues lately, and I think I’m keeping a pretty cool head about it, but I am a bit concerned. Again, I’ve only had him for about a week (seven days). Is this common for very young chams/could he still be adjusting? I feel like the level of care I provide for my panther boys is pretty spot on, but I’ve never had a baby this young. When I first got Beau, he was a bit older at 4 and half months old (and that was a year ago). Thank you!!

Photos please....cage and chameleon.
What are the cage temperatures?
I am so sorry it took me so incredibly long to respond to this. i will gladly get pics in the morning. Basking temp has been around 85-86 (it‘s still pretty warm where I’m located). My basking bulb is on a dimmer switch, so I let it cool down to about 80-82 for a couple hours after he’s been offered food and then it goes off. That said, my new guy was adjusting AND can also be a little finicky. The day he didn’t eat, I offered BSFL and one tiny hornworm. He wasn’t interested, but the next day he took several BSFL mixed with small surinam roaches. Lately, he’s been eating great. He’s a Cap Est and I’m lucky to have him.

Once again, I apologize for asking for help and then taking so long to provide any useful info. I ended up having to get my tongue disabled boy put down. It was pretty heartbreaking, had to take a break from just about everything.

Attachments

• 791ED01D-6907-4E91-8CA6-DF984C575835.jpeg
    791ED01D-6907-4E91-8CA6-DF984C575835.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom