New Baby Jacksons

JCraig

I just got a 2 month old and would like some experienced eyes to tell me if he looks good (hydrated). Like so many, I got him from a lady who unknowingly purchased a pregnant female. He's eating fruit flies and tiny crickets like a champ.

He looks good to me. very cute.

If you want some better input, and youw anna make sure you're doing the best you can feel free to post enclosure info and general husbandry stuff. Unless you've done your research and are super confident. I don't want to insult you or anything. :)

He is VERY cute though... i want 'im.

I have done lots and lots of reading but there is plenty left to learn. I have an 18x18x24 Exo Terra cage, auto mister, some fake plants, live pothos and umbrella plant, UVB 5.0 bulb, full spectrum bulb, and a tiny corner in the back with a 25w incandescent bulb. The upper areas are in the mid to upper 70's with around 55-65% humidity. The lower areas are low 70's with humidity around 70%. The night temps dip near 65 degrees.

Thanks for the responses! He is a funny little guy. I learned very quickly to turn the mister off while he is sleeping. He did not like getting wet AT ALL after he got in sleeping position. I think 8 is a good lights out time and he thinks 7:15 is more appropriate. Gotta love 'em!

Awwww so cute! I just had 7 born yesterday! And he looks great.

When they are old enough let me know if you have any girls, my other baby should have moved up to his bigger cage and I will have a baby cage free for a new little one :D

We are approaching 4 months old now. He is eating crickets and phoenix worms mostly and seems to be doing well. Here is a picture of my boy getting ready for bed.

Still going! After more research, I realized I got my baby at 2 WEEKS old instead of the 2 MONTHS I was told. It all makes more sense now. So he is now a little over 4 months old. The first picture is on 1-21-14 prior to a shed. The second was taken yesterday. Clear horn growth in two weeks and getting some green in the throat area. I can see why nutrition is so important now - massive growth going on.

Awwww so cute! I just had 7 born yesterday! And he looks great.
Our darling jackson chameleon just gave birth yesterday which was a wonderful surprise! We've only had her for two months and the gentleman we got her from said he had tried to mate her with a male but didn't think it was successful.(this statement we know is definitely incorrect.) Being a "newbie" I have read some articles that state a female can give birth to one set of offspring and then more offspring again months later. Our beautiful girl is about 12 months old. We have two adorable little ones! (She had two stillborn.)
I want to make sure I am doing everything possible for our girl and the little ones...if she can possibly have more I would like to be a bit more prepared.

Thanks. I have enjoyed taking care of him. He has done well for me and it has been a rewarding experience.

Back
Top Bottom