New baby healthy?

Hes been on the screen a little bit, hes tried getting on the top as I know they tend to do that I had to coax him off so he wouldnt burn himself, also I have never heard of not needing a heat bulb I dont think it's going to get warm enough for him in his big cage
He’s so young that bulb she be raised and no basking bulb yet. You don’t want to burn him. Max is 80

He’s so young that bulb she be raised and no basking bulb yet. You don’t want to burn him. Max is 80
Yeah he needs a basking bulb, he already gets cold during the day, I wasnt going to reply to this bc I know that u are very educated and dint want to seem rude but now I'm going to. No disrespect torwards you but even babies need heat bulbs depending on the conditions I'm now keeping the temps at 80 to 83 at his basking spot and even then he still gets cold occasionally, without the bulb, the temp would be at abt 74 which isnt hot enough for him to be warm or to digest his food properly. Hes doing great in the almost 2 weeks that I've had him but I do appreciate the advise.

Yeah he needs a basking bulb, he already gets cold during the day, I wasnt going to reply to this bc I know that u are very educated and dint want to seem rude but now I'm going to. No disrespect torwards you but even babies need heat bulbs depending on the conditions I'm now keeping the temps at 80 to 83 at his basking spot and even then he still gets cold occasionally, without the bulb, the temp would be at abt 74 which isnt hot enough for him to be warm or to digest his food properly. Hes doing great in the almost 2 weeks that I've had him but I do appreciate the advise.
This actually is not true... Most keepers do not put heat on babies under 3 months old. They can and do digest their food in low 70's. Even in the 60's they can digest their food. We overheat our chameleons. People who keep them outdoors year round do not have temps in the 80's most only see low 70's and that is for adults. Adults should not be exposed to higher temps either this shortens the length of their life. I basking spot of 80 is perfectly fine for an adult male. with a basking spot of 78 for a female.

I would look at what you are considering him getting cold to see what is really going on.

This actually is not true... Most keepers do not put heat on babies under 3 months old. They can and do digest their food in low 70's. Even in the 60's they can digest their food. We overheat our chameleons. People who keep them outdoors year round do not have temps in the 80's most only see low 70's and that is for adults. Adults should not be exposed to higher temps either this shortens the length of their life. I basking spot of 80 is perfectly fine for an adult male. with a basking spot of 78 for a female.

I would look at what you are considering him getting cold to see what is really going on.
Him getting really dark, flattening himself and leaning under the bulb all day long unless hes running from me or eating.

Him getting really dark, flattening himself and leaning under the bulb all day long unless hes running from me or eating.
then double check your temps at basking not all gauges are accurate even a breeze in the room throws off the actual basking temp... But I am actually getting the impression that you have decided what you want to do and do not really want feedback. Good luck with your baby.

Back
Top Bottom