New Arrival of Nosy Faly

thank you so much i will get a towel right now =] and should i leave his night light basking moonlight blue glow thing on for the night or turn all lights off completely?

All lights should be off. Temps should decrease during the night. Those blue moon glow lights are pointless. I really hope someone didn't tell you that you should buy that from a pet store. It really irks me how they try to make money off people who don't really know any better. Grrrrrrr

yeah he is eating a lot mo(re but i still haven't seen him drink any water witch worries me, he has but only a little

Well its great that he is eating! Has he pooped in the last day or 2? Are the urates white or do they have any yellow or orange tinge. If they are white he is drinking (even a small tinge of yellow is ok) but if they are darker in yellow and/or orange then he would be dehydrated. As he is still new he probally is just shy drinking around you. I hardly ever saw mine drink to start with.

yeah lights are off at 12 AM AND THEN BACK ON at 12 pm so its 12 hours on and off.

This is why he could be dark. This is not their natural time schedule. Is he in a completely darkened room or does the room lighten up when the sun comes up? His light schedule should be a lot closer to the sun (6am - 6pm ish)

Well its great that he is eating! Has he pooped in the last day or 2? Are the urates white or do they have any yellow or orange tinge. If they are white he is drinking (even a small tinge of yellow is ok) but if they are darker in yellow and/or orange then he would be dehydrated. As he is still new he probally is just shy drinking around you. I hardly ever saw mine drink to start with.

This is why he could be dark. This is not their natural time schedule. Is he in a completely darkened room or does the room lighten up when the sun comes up? His light schedule should be a lot closer to the sun (6am - 6pm ish)
yeah they are white like no yellow at all so thats good and the sun comes up he is kind of by a window but i had the enclosure covered up so i guess i should get up early and match his schedule with the lighting? =]

can u post pics i really wanna see ur nosy at 6 months i want one so bad!!! to bad chuck g sold out !!!!
Sure! i'll try to take some pictures! but i cant right now he is to stressed and im really busy but i will try to take some =]! and will post them on this topic k =D

yeah they are white like no yellow at all so thats good and the sun comes up he is kind of by a window but i had the enclosure covered up so i guess i should get up early and match his schedule with the lighting? =]

Well he must be drinking then and just shy :)

Go to Home Depot or Walmart and get a timer for your lights. He could be dark/stressed as he is not getting enough sleep as even though his cage is covered light would be getting in. If you are putting the lights on at 12pm and they are going off at 12 am he would be waking up earlier as of the light and not getting the full benefit of 12 hours sleep.

Last edited:
My chams are in a basement with no windows and they all begin to get active right when the sun is coming up outside. I used to notice it when I didn't have timers and would go downstairs to turn on the lights. It doesn't matter when the sun comes up they come up with it, well at least mine do. Like panther cham said a timer is a quick and easy fix. Also unless he's fired up he's not going to look as vibrant as he did in the picture from the add. They aren't always super fired up. Plus it takes probably close to a month for a cham to really get used to it's new routine/enclosure and it's new keeper. If you post some pics I'm sure some of the people who have raised faly's can tell you if he looks normal or not. He may just not look normal to you since you haven't seen a ton of them like some people have. I just think its the stress of a new cage/keeper. Just make sure he doesn't seen you a ton. Feed/water quickly and mist quickly and then just let him be. When he has more time in between seeing you it will help him feel more comfortable instead of being on edge and waiting for the next time the giant arm of doom is coming for a visit. Good luck.

Justin

Back
Top Bottom