New arcadia lights

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all just thought I'd share , arcadia have released the new luminizse range , which looks pretty cool , both the t5 and jungle dawn are dimmable to better create a more natural environment. Check it out on their site .

Hi all just thought I'd share , arcadia have released the new luminizse range , which looks pretty cool , both the t5 and jungle dawn are dimmable to better create a more natural environment. Check it out on their site .
Just heard about them today on chams and coffee. I’m going to check them out!

Yeah really love the fact/ ability to creat a more natural dawn and dusk . Currently just different lights coming on and off at different times, so will be nice to add to my thermostat which can be set to gradually reach a temp , and decrease or multiple temp settings. Evo pro connected

Yeah really love the fact/ ability to creat a more natural dawn and dusk . Currently just different lights coming on and off at different times, so will be nice to add to my thermostat which can be set to gradually reach a temp , and decrease or multiple temp settings. Evo pro connected
Agreed. I’m doing the same thing with all my chameleon lights AND the lights in the room my chameleons are in.

Agreed. I’m doing the same thing with all my chameleon lights AND the lights in the room my chameleons are in.
I was thinking about running the old lights along side the new luminize ,but only for a couple of hours during the midday what do you think 🤔

Just heard about them today on chams and coffee. I’m going to check them out!
Hi is the chams and coffee with bill ,I missed in on Saturday night ( in the uk) can I watch it ,catchup on chameleon academy or the cham Enthusiasts? Thanks

How bright does it make your enclosure? I just watched a YouTube on the luminize today and it looks like you don't really need extra lights.

This is amazing. I saw these the other day being promoted on FB. I was trying to find the time to get into them and see on here if anyone knew anything about them. I'm not gonna make the change quite yet as my bulbs are still pretty new. But I think instead of changing bulbs, I may go this route! If it's what I think it is.

I'm hoping it will just replace both the UVB and plant light, and will allow me to create a gradient timing cycle for lights on / off like a more natural sunrise and sunset. I was only able to skim through it atm but this looks like that's what it is.

This is amazing. I saw these the other day being promoted on FB. I was trying to find the time to get into them and see on here if anyone knew anything about them. I'm not gonna make the change quite yet as my bulbs are still pretty new. But I think instead of changing bulbs, I may go this route! If it's what I think it is.

I'm hoping it will just replace both the UVB and plant light, and will allow me to create a gradient timing cycle for lights on / off like a more natural sunrise and sunset. I was only able to skim through it atm but this looks like that's what it is.
Yep it basically replicates the sun rising and sun setting. I’m going to get one for my crested gecko first then work on my chams

I just got mine on Saturday past ,just stuck them up today and currently just have them on one of arcadia preset schedule ( top 2 ) I like the evening schedule, but prefer s bit of tweaking in the morning ( obviously their schedule wasn't set for a particular animal) . My thoughts bottom schedule ( I have them above an empty viv ) . What is doing my head in the new t5 which has rubber ends for the tube for water proofing sit lower than the reflector ,so the unit doesn't sit flush on top of the viv lol 😆
20231205_202729.jpg

I just got mine on Saturday past ,just stuck them up today and currently just have them on one of arcadia preset schedule ( top 2 ) I like the evening schedule, but prefer s bit of tweaking in the morning ( obviously their schedule wasn't set for a particular animal) . My thoughts bottom schedule ( I have them above an empty viv ) . What is doing my head in the new t5 which has rubber ends for the tube for water proofing sit lower than the reflector ,so the unit doesn't sit flush on top of the viv lol 😆 View attachment 347572
They really don’t sit flush on the screen top?? That surprises me!

Is the bottom one the schedule you adjusted?

They really don’t sit flush on the screen top?? That surprises me!

Is the bottom one the schedule you adjusted?
Yeah don't know why the design wasn't adjusted, I will post a picture tomorrow. Yes the bottom schedule is mine ,probably needs adjusted. Then trying to figure in my basking light ( as with mine connected to a microclimate evo pro connected, I can figure it in and out the same way to replicate temps . Lol to much 🤣 choices

Yeah don't know why the design wasn't adjusted, I will post a picture tomorrow. Yes the bottom schedule is mine ,probably needs adjusted. Then trying to figure in my basking light ( as with mine connected to a microclimate evo pro connected, I can figure it in and out the same way to replicate temps . Lol to much 🤣 choices
Seriously! I’m glad you are figuring it out before me 🤣🤣🤣. I’d probably get overwhelmed 🫣🫣

I've got a setup on the way too - a 36" jungle dawn and 36" 6%. My schedule will look like this.

6am - 630a ---- 0 to 15%
630a - 700a ---- 15 to 25%
7a - 9a --- 25 to 100% ----- at 9am is when I intend to turn on the dimming, thermo controlled heat lamp
9a - 230p --- 100% --- @ 230 I'll shut off the heat lamp
230p - 7p --- 100 to 0%

I've got a setup on the way too - a 36" jungle dawn and 36" 6%. My schedule will look like this.

6am - 630a ---- 0 to 15%
630a - 700a ---- 15 to 25%
7a - 9a --- 25 to 100% ----- at 9am is when I intend to turn on the dimming, thermo controlled heat lamp
9a - 230p --- 100% --- @ 230 I'll shut off the heat lamp
230p - 7p --- 100 to 0%
I can't wait to get these but esp after buying the UVB meter I gotta wait just a little bit lol I also shouldn't need bulbs even for a while. I want these so bad though. That has to look awesome, and be so nice for your chameleon having yet an even more natural-like lighting setup.

Super stoked for this for sure!

Things that I'd like to see though in the future...

1. The ability to also have a dimmable, temp controller directly tied into the uvb & plant light so they ramp up and down the same.

2. The ability to recreate weather events ( ie wind, lightning, rain, fog ) controlled via an app and solenoids. With Philips Hue, the lighting portion of a thunderstorm can already be recreated and synced with sound effects to boot so why not here too?

3. The ability to enter a geographical location ( IE Yemen ) and have the PID control the lighting and weather based on actual forecasted weather. This function would need a way to essentially rotate the time period though, say 12hrs forward or back, to allow to customize when sequences begin so you can tailor the on and off timing to your location / desire.

There is so much more that could still be done and probably could be DIY'd with a Raspberry PI if a guy was capable of the coding.

ARCADIA if you're listening - see above wish list!

Back
Top Bottom