New and nerve racking adventures

pigglett79

Avid Member
Well George has been getting more and more adventurous. We have had some problems w him invading Rex's free range, but we never thought he would venture outside of his room. Well today my boyfriend couldn't find him and when he did he was on the other side of the house on the dog bed.

image.jpg

I usually let him hang out w us in this room, so I guess he was looking for us to hang out. This was a wake up call that we need to keep his bedroom door closed when he is outside of his cage. This afternoon I left the door open after I got crickets to feed our beardie, when I walked back out there was George walking across the hall way again. He isn't making this easy. Now I am freaked out about him getting in to trouble or stepped on.

Dang it George

I would not close the door - I know someone who kinda smushed their cham -it was on the floor, and when they opened the door- he was in the path of the door - BUT..I do have an idea for you :) you can take any smooth piece of like Plexiglas, old tote lid...something like that - cut it as wide as your door, and about 24" tall- he will not be able to climb it- I used an old pool around my one free range - and no one ( not even the ferrets could climb out of it ) both my panthers are the same way.......always being stinkers and going all over :p

I would not close the door - I know someone who kinda smushed their cham -it was on the floor, and when they opened the door- he was in the path of the door - BUT..I do have an idea for you :) you can take any smooth piece of like Plexiglas, old tote lid...something like that - cut it as wide as your door, and about 24" tall- he will not be able to climb it- I used an old pool around my one free range - and no one ( not even the ferrets could climb out of it ) both my panthers are the same way.......always being stinkers and going all over :p

Good idea, you just made me remember a picture Olimpia recently posted w a short smooth wall around a free range. This sounds like a project for this weekend.....could solve all of these problems and give Rex back his sanity lol :eek:

Last edited:
I try to be nice and let George out in his trees while I cram for my test tonight and how does he repay me? By climbing straight to the floor and heading toward me. Ha. He wont stay put. I am going to build a safety wall around his free range ASAP.

I have literally had a nightmare about this! It would be so terrible..

Yeah me too, I just think of all the ways they can get hurt and then have horrible dreams about it. George is just way too bold and adventurous, he makes me so nervous, but I also want to let him have his fun too.

Oh George.jpg

Oh George 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom