New and just saying hello

Magnus2502

I'm a new owner and new to the forum and just wanna say hello... Picked up a new veiled on Mother's Day for me and the wife.. Was told she is 2 to 3 months old and is happy healthy eating and drinking.. We haven't picked a name yet but working on it... I've read so many of the posts on here and they are very helpful and informative... So anyways just saying hi and looking forward to chatting and learning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 116
Welcome!

Congrats on the new little one.. shes cute.

If you get a pic of the back of the back feet we can verify gender for you.

Also, is that a red bulb you have on her? if so, you can remove that.

A regular house bulb and a uvb bulb is all she needs for lighting.

Ill see what I can do about that pic.. As for the red bulb that's my heat bulb I keep at night as well and the UVB bulb is day light.. So if I nee to make a chafe no problem, just wanna make sure I do this right

You don't need any lights at night, and in fact, shouldn't.
They need darkness to sleep.

You can use a regular house bulb, not the coil kind, for her basking, and you will need a uvb bulb. this should be on a 12 hour on, 12 hour off schedule.

It gets heat from the regular house light bulb like it would from a heat bulb,this is the reason for using the regular house light bulb instead of the newer cfl light bulbs because the cfl bulbs dont put off much heat.HTH

Aslong as temps don't drop below 50ish at night you don't need any heat at night.

IF it does drop that low, use a ceramic heat emitter.

Cool thanx everybody... Soon as I get home ill make the change... Got a live plant I need to put in tonight as well... Hope I don't stress her out too bad with the changes

Contrary to popular belief, they don't stress a little bit and get sick and die.

they can handle stress, just not for extended periods of time.

Welcome to the forum! Your Cham is cute :) I agree with the other members, the red light will keep her up all night. Once her lights shut off, you want to keep her in complete darkness. Best of luck with your Cham :)

Everything I read up till now said night temps should be mid to high 70's... But you guys are the experts, and seem to know your stuff... Books don't tell ya everything which is the reason I joined this forum... You guys are awesome thanx again

Welcome to the forum! It's a great place to learn about chameleons!

Do you know about feeding/gutloading the insects? Dusting the insects with supplements? That female veileds can lay eggs once sexually mature without being mated and can become eggbound if they have no proper place to lay them?

As for feeding yea I've got that down minus the multivitamin I still need to pick up but that and the d3 is twice a month got the calcium dust as well... As for eggs ill read up on that and see what I'm getting into lol... First I need to make sure she is a she as I was told and will do that when I get home from work and the pet store

If your baby turns out to be a girl, don't worry. Plenty of good advice about laying bins , etc. in the link that is NOW posted in my last post :eek:. There is a little more special care with the girls, but they are so cute! :)

Right on I will keep everybody posted... Feeding her now then making my enclosure changes... Again thanx everyone

Welcome to the forums! You will find all kinds of useful information here. Good luck with the cham. You will find that they can be addicting, just ask my wife!

Welcome!

Congrats on the new little one.. shes cute.

If you get a pic of the back of the back feet we can verify gender for you.

Also, is that a red bulb you have on her? if so, you can remove that.

A regular house bulb and a uvb bulb is all she needs for lighting.

Here is a pic of the back feet... Help would be appreciated... Thanx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom