New Ambilobe Panther Yoda

M21

I just picked up this healthy little guy Yoda from "The Jungle Panther." His sire was "Truk." Looking forward to seeing how he turns out. I've only had him a couple days. He shed this morning and is eating and drinking great!

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

Love that first photo - that is one hell of a skin shed!! I love it when panthers blow off their entire body in a matter of hours!

Lovely cham and good set up! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it happens quick! I realized looking at the picture of my setup that my temp gauge is away from the basking spot. I don't typically do that, but I've been using an infrared laser temp gauge to check temps all around the enclosure now including the temps for my Banana Roach container below. It works great!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah it happens quick! I realized looking at the picture of my setup that my temp gauge is away from the basking spot. I don't typically do that, but I've been using an infrared laser temp gauge to check temps all around the enclosure now including the temps for my Banana Roach container below. It works great!

I personally never use static temp gauges, they are rarely accurate and cannot give you ambient temps throughout the entirety of your viv. I always use infrared guns that can give accurate readings all over.

He's cute but man is he skittish. He runs and hides as soon as I start up the stairs and he sees me. I haven't had any luck hand feeding him. He won't even eat if I shut the cage door and sit there motionless.

I'm starting to get him out and handle him more. I wanted him to acclimate and grow a little before handling him too much.

He's nothing like my last Panther Rango. Rango would eat out of my hand as a tiny baby the first day I got him. Rango also grew extremely fast. This guy hasn't had a real growth spurt yet and he's about five months old.

MMM Banana Roach

Today Yoda ate his first Banana Roach! I placed a regular and giant in his encloser today. He went for the large one first.

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

Yoda showing colors!

Here are some of the latest pictures taken of Yoda. His colors are really starting to come in!

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

I hope he looks like Truk. Truk was amazing! Here is a photo of Yoda from today. It's not the best. He already found his sleeping spot for the night, so I didn't want to disturb him.

IMG_3653.jpg

Wow, Yoda has some amazing colors already. I love it when they find their sleeping spot. I have taking so many pictures of Pickle, all curled up. :D
Great new setup!

Back
Top Bottom