New Ambilobe Male

plop9025

Established Member
Hello to everyone. It's been a long long time since I have posted on this site. I had to take a break after my last Veiled Chameleon Yoshi passed away while back. Ended up moving and finally got settled in and setup to be able to care for some new critters. I went to the reptile show two weeks ago and picked up this 5 month old male ambilobe panther chameleon. I wanted to post few pics on here and let some of you take a look and let me know how he looks health wise from what yall can tell by the pics and if I need to do or change anything.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther Chameleon, 5-6 months old.

Handling - Not often. Usually just for few minutes at most to clean cage once a week.

Feeding - Crickets, Superworms since I got him 2 weeks ago. He eats anywhere from 10 to 20 every day or 2. I don't really have a feeding schedule. I let him free roam hunt for his food whenever he is hungry. I feed my feeders homemade gutload I make myself from fresh vegies, dried oats blueberrys and a handfull of other ingredients.

Supplements - Zoo-med Calcium without D3 Monday-Saturday
Rep-cal Calcium with D3 Sunday
Rep-cal Herptivite once every 2 weeks.

Watering - I use a drip system I made that keeps a slow drip constantly throughout the day. I mist him 3 to 4 times a day with spray bottle for about 4 to 5 mins average. He doesn't like to be misted directly but drinks very well off the leaves when it runs down.

Fecal Description - Normal blackish brownish with little white in it. He poops a good bit especially after a meal.
He has never been tested for parasites.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 Screen cage.
Lighting - ZooMed Reptisun 5.0 CFL with a 100w basking bulb.
Lights come on 8am and off at 8pm
Temperature - Basking temp is 94 to 96 and ambient temp stays around 68 to 70
Lowest overnight temp? 65
How do you measure these temps? Digital thermometer aswell as basic aquarium thermometer.
Humidity - We dont use a central AC unit. We have window units that we use throughout the house. Because of this the humidity stays anywhere from 55 to 75%.
Whats do you use to measure humidity? Hygrometer

Plants - Are you using live plants? Yea
What kind? Golden Pothos and a Money Tree
Placement - Cage is in a room that has very very little to no traffic in it at all unless I'm in there misting or feeding him or our beardies. No Vents at all, there is a ceiling fan but I don't turn it on. The cage is in corner of room next to two windows so i can open blinds up and let sun beam in.
At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
7 and half feet. Top of cage is 3/4 way to ceiling.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
South Carolina.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I have noticed some darker color or his lips and mainly was worried about it being early sign of mouth rot. I was hoping some of yall could take a look at few of the photos and give me your opinion and knowledge. Just want to make sure hes healthy and nothing is wrong that I could tend to now if needed.

Thanks everyone and glad to be back on the site. Such a great helpful community on here and glad to be part of it again.
20190516_130121.jpg
20190516_130917.jpg
20190516_131501.jpg
20190516_130829.jpg

Attachments

• 20190516_130803.jpg
    20190516_130803.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 125
Vit d3 shouldnt be given once a week, once every 2 weeks. If he gets natural sunlight and good gut load then try once per month. Cut back his d3 and i think it should help. No need to be worried atm you have a beautiful healthy looking little guy.

That's great news to hear. Thank you all very much. I'll defently cut back on the D3 for now especially while summer is here and I'll be letting him go outside a good bit until it gets cold again here. I will keep updates of how he is getting along. Thank again

Your basking temp is too high for a adult let alone a juvenile Panther. Try to get your basking spot around 78-85 degrees. Get rid of the CFL bulb and get yourself a reptisun T5 HO 5.0 or Arcadia 6% to start this can change based on your foliage. And like said above change your D3 supplement to once every 2 weeks. As for mouth rot I can’t see anything bad with his mouth area. Besides all that you have a beautiful Cham.

Back
Top Bottom