New 6mos nosy be... Thanks Jared!

yeahbuddy661

PICS.........New 6mos nosy be ... Thanks Jared!

New nosy be enjoying some rest.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 203
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 205
I know what project I'm working on first rainy day I get.... Something like your hanging free range!!!! It's a great idea with no climbing down to the floor!!!

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. Its pretty easy to build I have made a few with different types of wood/branches for the middle part.

You will need one large pot saucer (plastic), 2 eyelet hooks (med size not real small or real big), 2 large metal washers (one on top of the saucer and one under in between your middle support and saucer) one of the eylet hooks goes on top and one obviously under the mid base for your pothos to hang on.

Pre tap your mid wood/branch drift wood whatever you use on top and on bottom so that the eyelet hooks do not split the wood. Use a drill bit thats just smaller in diameter than the hook it self. That part is very important.

Then just go crazy with vines fake plants or whatever else you want on there.

Also VERY IMPORTANT--- Make sure your saucer is big enough and you dont put your vines to wide around the top so that your cham cannot reach out and grab the edge to climb on top (unlikley but hey my chams will outsmart me every now and again.

Thnx and enjoy.

Thanks for the info yeahbuddy! This sounds like something doable to me!!! hopefully i'll be able to make one this weekend!!! Lisa

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner. Its pretty easy to build I have made a few with different types of wood/branches for the middle part.

You will need one large pot saucer (plastic), 2 eyelet hooks (med size not real small or real big), 2 large metal washers (one on top of the saucer and one under in between your middle support and saucer) one of the eylet hooks goes on top and one obviously under the mid base for your pothos to hang on.

Pre tap your mid wood/branch drift wood whatever you use on top and on bottom so that the eyelet hooks do not split the wood. Use a drill bit thats just smaller in diameter than the hook it self. That part is very important.

Then just go crazy with vines fake plants or whatever else you want on there.

Also VERY IMPORTANT--- Make sure your saucer is big enough and you dont put your vines to wide around the top so that your cham cannot reach out and grab the edge to climb on top (unlikley but hey my chams will outsmart me every now and again.

Thnx and enjoy.

Thank you!! :D

No prob. I also forgot one more thing your going to need a pot hanger, a long one. I found the longest one at lowes, it lets you use a large pot saucer and still not touch the wall.

Thnx, Dustin.

One thing that has stopped me from doing a free range is because I did not like the idea of the cham being able to climb down to the ground. I really love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom