NEVER SHOP AT THIS PETCO (or any petco for that matter)

Kamran_k

Established Member
I live in the South Bay region of Los Angeles and the closest pet store to my house is a petco in the Peninsula Center in Rolling Hills Estates, CA and the reptiles and fish in this petco live in horrible conditions. The Veiled Chameleons here have by far the worst care I have ever seen. They are housed communally in glass tanks maybe about 20 gallons and there is 3 in there, I have seen them fight numerous times and even notified the workers and they didnt seem to do anything as when I came back to check all 3 were still in there. They used to have a Green Anole but I'm pretty sure that one was dead as it stayed in the back of its tank with its eyes closed for 5 minutes plus. I only go here to buy crickets but I will not be returning after seeing this.

The Ball Python they have has stuck shed everywhere and there is poop everywhere in each cage. I know the mills they get these from are much much worse. But please if you are thinking about purchasing a reptile do not buy from Petco, Petsmart, and Backwater reptiles.

I bought my baby girl chameleon here at petco in texas :( but she seems fine and healthy I’m trying to give her the most healthy possible life I could

@David Esparza Awesome, that she finally has a good home. This is just info so that if you intend on buying another reptile go elsewhere. Try your local reptile store as they will have much better care and advice on reptile husbandry.

Got this in my email today. :( Have never liked the idea of any living creature as ‘merchandise’.

. 39C031D8-976E-4419-A39A-F95FE0AA0A8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom