Never Seen Him Drink, Is This Something to Worry About?

sweetmisery

Got him last week, and he eats well, active and all, but never did I see him drink. I mist him and the live plant many times a day, sometimes doing heavy mists. But never did I see him drink. Is it safe to assume that he drinks anyway since he is still up and running til now? Or should I be worried?

THANKS!

As long as poops look good-meaning no significant yellow-than all is well. I have had several "closet drinkers"! :)

OK THANKS!

So whats a normal poop look like? As I said in another post, with no reply yet - it is solid black with a bit of white at the tip. Its also got transparent liquid with it.

How do they drink anyway? Like how they eat? Or just lick it slowly?

Normal poop=dark poop part+white urates. Sometimes you will see a little jelly like glob also. Evil just took a poop-lets take a picture! :) :) :)
DSCN1297.jpg

Evil did not like me taking a picture of his poop!
DSCN1296.jpg

Oh-and how they drink...
Some lick the water off the leaves, some will open and close their mouths while being misted. Several of mine come right up to the mister and let me spray into their open mouths.

THANKS! Yeah my cham's poop is normal alright!

As of drinking, after having his first shower, he suddenly "puffed" his throat, opened and closed his mouth several times then made a sound, do you know what was that about? No more water was coming at that time, as I said, after.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP!

when i first got my cham i never saw him drink but over the weeks when i would mist him i wud spray a wall (i have a woodern viv) and he would now n again lick it as it came down i then started to get him to drink from my hand i would get the squeezy water bottle that makes a mist ( sounds like a really stupid description i know but i cant think of the correct name for it at the moment lol) and spray it near his face have my other hand right infront of his face so the mist would fall down on my hand and make a small puddle which he would drink from. as i cant do that all the time and i was worrying about him not having a constand drinking supply i have bought a small waterfall but they'r not really rekomended as they can harvest bacteria. just some ways that may work for you

My Quad will not drink if anybody is looking, i had to make a "duck blind" just to observe him. Sounds like you're doing ok if you're misting it heavy.

We seldom see our Quads drink either, they have a fogger on them that creates a natural dripper from the top of the cage, they sometimes sit under it. However every few days, we take a syringe with water and offer it to them for a drink, sometimes they will drink from it.

Back
Top Bottom