Nettleton hollow

dshuld

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone ever heard of or done business with them? Some pretty good prices on branches so thought I'd ask. 100 three to four foot willow branches for $25 ish shipped. Haven't loked at what else they hve but that's pretty decent considering 5 branches is $15 locally lol.

Never have, but found it interesting that they named their company after a road next to my house in CT.

Anyone ever heard of or done business with them? Some pretty good prices on branches so thought I'd ask. 100 three to four foot willow branches for $25 ish shipped. Haven't loked at what else they hve but that's pretty decent considering 5 branches is $15 locally lol.
You know you can get those for free outside right?

Just jokin with you, is there something special about willow branches that makes you seek them out vs other branches?

You know you can get those for free outside right?

Just jokin with you, is there something special about willow branches that makes you seek them out vs other branches?

Other then it being an easily obtained branch in the craft industry, no. There are others I'm looking at too, manzanita, ghostwood, mitsumata, seagrape.... I'm hoping in the next few weeks my wife will have a Saturday off so I can go to hillsborough river state park looking for some oak branches as a "date day" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. In my direct area I have to worry about the mosquito pesticides the county sprays and most of the trees are either pine or cherry laurel. A few of my very very distant neighbors have some small oaks in their yards but nothing worth trying to collect from atm.

There is one other I'm curious on others thoughts I've been considering too, cholla. Though it would create hiding places for bugs (which I don't really mind in the case of the isopods), I haven't strongly considered it for this application because I worry about her getting a foot caught in one of the openings. I've only had the larger openings like the small ones in the box but I'm thinking abut the larger branches like in the other pic.

Screenshot_2018-08-15-08-58-30.png Screenshot_2018-08-15-08-58-39.png

Last edited:
Other then it being an easily obtained branch in the craft industry, no. There are others I'm looking at too, manzanita, ghostwood, mitsumata, seagrape.... I'm hoping in the next few weeks my wife will have a Saturday off so I can go to hillsborough river state park looking for some oak branches as a "date day" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. In my direct area I have to worry about the mosquito pesticides the county sprays and most of the trees are either pine or cherry laurel. A few of my very very distant neighbors have some small oaks in their yards but nothing worth trying to collect from atm.

You need to come up a little farther north. By Ocala there are some amazing oaks! Tons of forest areas as well.

Sounds like a terrific date plan if you ask me! ;)

You need to come up a little farther north. By Ocala there are some amazing oaks! Tons of forest areas as well.

Sounds like a terrific date plan if you ask me! ;)

Hmmm, she's never been to Ocala before.... My plan was a "hey, let's go to hrsp and walk the trials." Then once there be like "ooooo that would look awesome in the encloure, oooo another, here hold this for me." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: She's gonna hate me now matter which one we go to I think :LOL:.

You need to make a day of it. Visit the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park, go kayaking at Rainbow Springs...

It needs to be "Spontaneous" :sneaky:

Hmmm, she's never been to Ocala before.... My plan was a "hey, let's go to hrsp and walk the trials." Then once there be like "ooooo that would look awesome in the encloure, oooo another, here hold this for me." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: She's gonna hate me now matter which one we go to I think :LOL:.
I think you should order the flowers now for the trouble you are about to get yourself into. It's either that or build a bigger dog house.

You need to make a day of it. Visit the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park, go kayaking at Rainbow Springs...

It needs to be "Spontaneous" :sneaky:

Ocala would have to be planned. We're old and it takes time to get ready to leave the house ya know :LOL:. Now the picking up of the sticks, that'll be the spontaneous part.

I think you should order the flowers now for the trouble you are about to get yourself into. It's either that or build a bigger dog house.

Meh, I'm threatened with sleeping in the other bedroom everyday. It's once my daughter is back down here I'll have to behave since there won't be a spare bedroom then :wideyed:.

Hobby lobby has a 50% off sale going on in the floral decor area if any one wanted to look there. Wiped the Clearwater store out of birch and curly willow. Going to check the other store for another pack of curly willow though cause they only had 2 packs lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom