Neptune Apex style controllers for reptiles?

davisc12

Does anybody know of any monitor/controllers geared more towards reptile enclosures like the apex is for reef tanks?

The herpstat. You can do heat and humidity probes
Im looking for something primarily with humidity probes i can use to control a fogger if its bellow a certain level between certain times. I have not heard of the herpstat but will look onto it. But a system like the apex could have a huge amount of uses for a chameleon enclosure.

Im looking for something primarily with humidity probes i can use to control a fogger if its bellow a certain level between certain times. I have not heard of the herpstat but will look onto it. But a system like the apex could have a huge amount of uses for a chameleon enclosure.
Oh ok! This would do that I have one ☺️I don’t use it to control the humidity but I use it to monitor it. I’d definitely look into it because that’s primarily what the humidity probes on the herpstat I just don’t do that. Good luck

What exactly are you wanting a controller to do ?
I'm looking for a fogger that will work with probes but I see endless amounts of uses for a controller; dimming lights if it gets too hot, activating fans if its too hot/humid during specific time ranges. honestly I'm still very new to chameleons but already see a ton of use cases. I was not familiar with the herpstat which does looks like what i have in mind but looks a little less user friendly. ill have to do a lot more research on it.

Depending on your type of enclosure, ( what do you have ? Reaching a high level of humidity and maintaining it throughout the full enclosure may be difficult ,also maintaining a constant high level could lead to over hydration, mostly fog rolls in and out with humidity levels varying, some angle foggers at the area where there chameleon sleeps but not constantly. So every 15 minutes in an hour ( but also the temperature needs to be below 68/ 65 f ( remember it may have been high 90% in Madagascar last night but temperature was like 12 c . So using a hydrostat / hygrostat would need to used properly for the the above stated reason imo I have a mirco climate evo pro thermo which can control anything, but I use it with caution . Govee and switch bot data loggers are a great way to to check current night time temps and humidity in specific areas of your enclosure

If you’ve seen any of my other posts you’ll realise I’m not the brightest light in the Harbor and I can operate a herpstat .. just saying, it’s pretty easy 😂

Depending on your type of enclosure, ( what do you have ? Reaching a high level of humidity and maintaining it throughout the full enclosure may be difficult ,also maintaining a constant high level could lead to over hydration, mostly fog rolls in and out with humidity levels varying, some angle foggers at the area where there chameleon sleeps but not constantly. So every 15 minutes in an hour ( but also the temperature needs to be below 68/ 65 f ( remember it may have been high 90% in Madagascar last night but temperature was like 12 c . So using a hydrostat / hygrostat would need to used properly for the the above stated reason imo I have a mirco climate evo pro thermo which can control anything, but I use it with caution . Govee and switch bot data loggers are a great way to to check current night time temps and humidity in specific areas of your enclosure
I have a screen 2x2x4 coming in tomorrow and plan to cover the back and left side with plexi and put hinges on the right side so I can open or close it and leave the front screen. I don't want to just turn a fogger on and let it run all night like I did before and soak my floor again. I guess I could just use a timer or programable outlet but liked the idea of it being controlled by a probe because my humidity levels in my house vary day to day.

If you’ve seen any of my other posts you’ll realise I’m not the brightest light in the Harbor and I can operate a herpstat .. just saying, it’s pretty easy 😂
lol I'm doing some research on it now. so it looks like like with the humidity probe its just an on off to power so whatever fogger you use just needs to be able to power on automatically when plugged in?

I have a screen 2x2x4 coming in tomorrow and plan to cover the back and left side with plexi and put hinges on the right side so I can open or close it and leave the front screen. I don't want to just turn a fogger on and let it run all night like I did before and soak my floor again. I guess I could just use a timer or programable outlet but liked the idea of it being controlled by a probe because my humidity levels in my house vary day to day.
Do you have a chameleon yet ,if not I'd personally just set up the enclosure and see what your levels are from there

Do you have a chameleon yet ,if not I'd personally just set up the enclosure and see what your levels are from there
I do have a chameleon now he's in a 18x18x36 the 24x24 should be here tomorrow and the plexi glass shortly after. but in the last week ive used the fogger and woke up to a soaked floor. the next night i just misted again before i went to bed and the humidity stayed up in the 80s until lights on today however it was in the 60s before misting this morning. maybe with the plexi it will help alot and ill just run the fogger for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

lol I'm doing some research on it now. so it looks like like with the humidity probe its just an on off to power so whatever fogger you use just needs to be able to power on automatically when plugged in?
Exactly. I have the leap fogger and I highly recommend it

Rhis would be awesome but Im certainly not tech savy enough to do a setup like that i feel like an engineer just trying to right the command lines on the apex which is verry user friendly.
Exactly. It's got some fancy features built into it like seasons. But there isn't an Idiot's Guide to the hardware. I was thinking this earlier today, but if I was of the entrepreneurial sort, I'd put together a simple kit myself with the software preloaded, then sell it for a ridiculous markup, along with a kit to add a new enclosure type with all the sensors and relays needed. Do it right and with solenoids you could mist all your cages individually with a single mister.

My on/off stuff works fine, but my pile of timers and thermostats is getting unruly, and I only have one cage.

Exactly. It's got some fancy features built into it like seasons. But there isn't an Idiot's Guide to the hardware. I was thinking this earlier today, but if I was of the entrepreneurial sort, I'd put together a simple kit myself with the software preloaded, then sell it for a ridiculous markup, along with a kit to add a new enclosure type with all the sensors and relays needed. Do it right and with solenoids you could mist all your cages individually with a single mister.

My on/off stuff works fine, but my pile of timers and thermostats is getting unruly, and I only have one cage.
It's crazy 🤪 welcome to chameleons I have stuff monitoring other stuff, then a camera watching everything, I probably need a second camera just to be sure 😅

Back
Top Bottom