Neptune and his outdoor cage

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
This year Neptune got to spend minimal time outdoors. Our weather has not been consistent for him and when it has been we had a lot of fires making our air quality poor. In the process his outdoor cage has become in need of a good cleaning since he can now enjoy it again. So i need to clean spider webs, maybe get some new plant life, pull weeds etc, before he can go back in.

I was in Northern Cali last year and the fires made it horrible for taking chams out. What plants do you like to use outside?

Actually hibiscus do really well outdoors here potted as long as they are larger pots so i usually rely on them with some fake vines and an umbrella plant in the shadier part of the cage. Thankfully Neptune is not a big 'eat green stuff'guy. He occasionally likes hibiscus flowers but even thats rare and usually my tortoise gets them before he even considers them

Actually hibiscus do really well outdoors here potted as long as they are larger pots so i usually rely on them with some fake vines and an umbrella plant in the shadier part of the cage. Thankfully Neptune is not a big 'eat green stuff'guy. He occasionally likes hibiscus flowers but even thats rare and usually my tortoise gets them before he even considers them
I use Hibiscus in pots as well in my outdoor enclosure. The flowers are demolished pretty quickly though. Beman really does not leave them alone. What do you think about Money trees in outdoor enclosures?

Gimme the scientific name since there are like two species that fall under it and i think one part of the world calls one type of plant that and no one else does.

Thats the one i thought you meant. I usually avoid using that plant in general due to the braiding of its trunk if found in normal stores since they are sold as bonsais usually but if you dont buy them as such i think they get rather..... massive? But otherwise their soil requirements are relatively easy, they can be sensitive to frost, but do well in high heat and dont seem to be too sensitivr to mold?

Thats the one i thought you meant. I usually avoid using that plant in general due to the braiding of its trunk if found in normal stores since they are sold as bonsais usually but if you dont buy them as such i think they get rather..... massive? But otherwise their soil requirements are relatively easy, they can be sensitive to frost, but do well in high heat and dont seem to be too sensitivr to mold?
Thank you! I never see them used outside. With my plant options being limited since I have a Veiled I am always looking for other plants to put in his large outdoor enclosure.

Of course! I know how hard keeping veggie hungry veileds are, im lucky Neptune turned out to be more of an insect eating one.

Of course! I know how hard keeping veggie hungry veileds are, im lucky Neptune turned out to be more of an insect eating one.
Yeah he is a brat when it comes to plants... Better now that he is 3 but he will still actively go after what he wants. At least he does not try to strip plants completely though. lol

Back
Top Bottom