Needle injections

Teamjmon

Hello . My chameleon needs needle injections specifically ceftazadime/ fortaz once every 3 days for 9 doses. I’ve been giving her injections paralel to the front back of her. The first 2 injections went smoothly but today after I injected her she started to bleed !. I’m very worried even though the bleeding stopped . I want to know the best way to giver her injections with minimal to no pain. Pls send advice. I drew the anatomy of where I gave her the injection. The circle represents the spot where the injection was given.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 64
How is she doing since her surgery? Normally, after my girls have eggs removed my vet gives an oral antibiotic for 7 to 10 days.

How is she doing since her surgery? Normally, after my girls have eggs removed my vet gives an oral antibiotic for 7 to 10 days.
Yes I am giving her antibiotics it’s part of her medicine . She’s doing ok . She’s starting regain some strength in her back legs . She’s eaten ok but she didn’t want to eat last time so I had to give her some carnivore care . I used a feeding cup but the bugs just don’t move. I use small dubias and small mealworms . She likes the mealworms as I believe her previous owner fed her mostly that. I found some success with dangling the mealworms in front of her then she eats them .

You may have only hit a capillary bed. Apply gentle pressure to stop the bleeding and use the opposite side of the body for the next injection. Don't be surprised if a bruise appears.
Thank you I did that with a paper napkin and I got the blood to stop . I will use a different spot next time .

When I had to download injections on my veiled and on my panther, both vets recommended using my fingers to gently make a teepee shape in the skin. Then while holding the teepee shape gently, insert the needle into the center carefully and inject the meds.

Back
Top Bottom