Need to vent a little

readymyk

So it cost me about 30 to buy and ship around 20 hornworms and my guy will not even eat them just a Lil annoyed

That's odd all my guys have always loved them. Where do you live? You might can share them with another forms member or maybe trade them for other feeders.

it happens. My Veiled wont really eat dubie's (im a hippie), she has to be really hungry... but after she hits one, she will eat 2-3 more....
just got to spark interest...

but with the horn worms, should be relatively easy.... like let them see them.... and bam...

Whenever introducing a new (food item) it might take awhile for your chameleon to recognize it as food. Once he/she gets a taste, you'll probable get a quicker eating response.

Welcome to my world. Not a single hornworm was eaten out of the last cup. Silkworms get a very lukewarm response too. :(

That stinks!! Maybe trade a friend for something your chams do like, or trade/sell them online local like Craigslist. I haven't tried hornworms yet, but none of my chams have liked any new foods I've tried to supplement with. Crickets are the only thing they get excited about so far. They won't look twice at dubias (any size), no matter how I present them (free, hand feed, feed cup)... Which really stinks because I have a colony going. Oh well, at least I can sell them.

Back
Top Bottom