Need Information!

Dnectrum

Ok, So I am just researching a bit about chameleons and my interest has delved me deep into the habitats of Veiled Chameleons and what their neccessaties are anyways I have come here with many questions which I am hoping for some positive opinions/feedback too.

This post may be patchy, and I am sorry. I am not great with terminology and putting down exactly what it is I am looking for.

I have thought about housing and I think that an Aluminum 24x24x48 Screen Cage would be optimal but I have some things I am unsure of so here they are.

Questions

-Lighting-

What types of bulbs are needed? I cannot figure out through my research what type of bulb is needed for Basking/Nighttime/UVA/UVB. I have found combination bulbs and seperate and pure heat admittance bulbs and I dont know which are the right types to get for a chameleon.

for example, Heating bulbs such as the ReptiCare Infrared Heat Emitter, this doesnt seem like it would be for a chameleon and more for a desert dwelling lizzard. Also I am unsure if I should get atleast 2 of the UVA/UVB bulbs because they are said to not emit heat so the cham can get its neccassary UVA/UVB rays everywhere in the cage.. TOP to BOTTOM

-Temperature/Humidity-

I've found various temperatures ranging all over the place from Basking heat to cooler spots, I was just wondering is the an easier, more simplistic way of getting to these temperatures that I may not know and what are ideal for Vieled Chameleons.

Humidity has got me on edge about them and in the future with a little experience can be the deciding factor if i even want to try to raise a Veiled Chameleon. I live in New Jersey on the shore, so we have every season this would be an indoor cage. How woul I go about concealing enough humidity in a screen cage, perhaps plexy glass for 2 sides? leaving 2 open for ventilation.

I have looked into live plants which seem to also help with humidity aside from misting, what plants would people recommend that would fit a 24x24x48 cage providing some hiding space and nice flow of water for dripping and givin the chameleon a source of hydration.

I am sorry if I have been all over the place, but If i am to get one I would like to learn a ton about them and hear about others experiences.

I have also looked up things on this forum so in any event this is just questions asked over and over I am sorry, but if you could post links to other topics that would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom