Need help

Rolon88

My panther has a respitory infection and looks too have some sort of bacteria in his mouth ... Vet gave me reptaid said that would do the trick ... Is there any advice you guys can give too help my male out ?

Just note a friend gave him too me like this a week ago

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358787234298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358787234298.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 99
Reptaid is not an antibiotic.

Sounds like you need another vet.

Antibiotics are needed to treat a RI.

This is why i ask you guys ... Only problem not Many exotic vets by where I Live In L.A ... Gonna hope for the best ...

There are many exotic chameleon vets in Los Angeles. I live near Pasadena and there is one there as well as many other locations. Make sure he gets the help he needs.

He looks very dehydrated and I would start with a long warm shower to get fluids in him. I am not sure if this will help with the RI so wait for some of the more experienced members to chime in.

That chameleon does not look good atall!! He looks very very dehydrated , if he has a repository infection then he needs antibiotics reptiaid won't make the infection go away ! He looks in bad shape tho poor guy !

You can look it up but in Pasadena there's a vet called exotic animal care center, I just foUnd it on maps and I hope it will get your Cham a better prescription

You can look it up but in Pasadena there's a vet called exotic animal care center, I just foUnd it on maps and I hope it will get your Cham a better prescription

Yes, that is the one. Very good care but if it is too far we can locate a vet closer to the op

Hey Roland I would get that guy to a vet asap. As other have said he will need antibiotics most likely baytril will be perscriobed. In the mean time make sure he has plenty of water available and maybe ever a shower he looks real malnurished and dehydrated.
Best of luck
Also if baytril is giving it is hard on the kidneys and he will need to be well hydrated to prevent damage. JMO
Hoj

Pasadena is close by i will look them up and make an appointment asap ....

My friend said he was eating and drinking.... Gave him a reptiboost too help him a bitt ...

Pasadena is close by i will look them up and make an appointment asap ....

My friend said he was eating and drinking.... Gave him a reptiboost too help him a bitt ...

If you friend said he was eating and drinking I would disagree a cham that debilitated has not been feeding like normal IMO or has a parasite that is not allowing him to gain the benifits of food.

Back
Top Bottom