- Your Chameleon Male veiled chameleon, about 4 months old, I have had it for about 3 weeks now.
- Handling Never have even touched him. Let him crawl into his cage by himself when I got him.
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed him a variety of butter worms (he doesn’t have an allergic reaction to them) super worms, crickets, wax worms, calcium worms.
- Supplements I use repti vitamins, and the zilla calcium spray, I tend to alternate on and off throughout the week, I give it to him about every day (tend to coat one bug per day, and make sure he eats it.)
- Watering -I use the Zoomed 10L mister, I do a 3 minute misting every morning, and then set the timer to go off for 20 seconds every other hour, and then I try to do another 3 minute misting at night. Every time I spray I see him drink.
- Fecal Description - Usually his poop is a dark brown to a black, and is oval shaped, it looks like it contains a bit of moister in it. He has never been tested (I don’t even know how I would get him out of his cage, im scared id lose the tiniest bit of trust that I have with him.)
- History - Bought him from FL Chams, He doesn’t really get mad at me ever, even if my hand is close to him, he only hissed once at me, and that was just the other day, but that’s because I didn’t see him there and I was trying to adjust something in his cage. I got upset that he did that, but it’s ok im sure he will be ok. Other than that, He usually just runs, or stays still when I get close to him. He has started to learn to hide behind a limb whenever he hears the cage open.
- Cage Type - I have a screen 2 by 2 by four feet enclosure. It’s a repti-breeze cage, not the set.
- Lighting - I have a 75 watt heat bulb, and a zoo-med 2 feet long t-5 high output bulb, it is not the coiled kind. I have them set on a timer, it comes on at 6 30 in the morning and goes off at 7 30
- Temperature -The temperature mostly stays at a good 80 at the basking spot, and lower in the cage is about a 70. I have a thermometer in the cage.
- Humidity - The humidity fluctuates at around 60-70 percent throughout the day. I have a thermometer in the cage that measures heat and humidity. I maintain the humidity with the mister that goes off every other hour for about 20 seconds to keep up the humidity since the cage is mesh.
- Plants -I have a variety of live plants that include: golden pothos, spider plant, bromeliad, prayer plants, hawaiin ti plants, ferns, An umbrella plant, and wandering Jew. These have all been properly cleaned, and the whole cage iis bioactive.
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage Is in my bedroom next to the window, it is not by any fans or air vents, and the bedroom is in the back of the house where there is literally no traffick besides myself. And family members when they care enough to come and check on him. The cage is elevated about 3 feet off the floor and almost goes to the ceiling.
- Location - I live in northern Mississippi.