Need help with my female Veiled!

Danmazlan

I have a female veiled thats been bred with my male 19 days back so as for now I'm starting to prepare my laying bin for her..

I'm certain she is gravid now as when i showed her my male she turned to black color with dark blue spots right away and was hissing even though my male was still outside of her cage.. just the sight of him is enough to trigger her i guess haha..

but the question is, I am wondering why her color maintain to be like this? i thought when gravid she's supposed to turn back to her normal color (when inside her own cage)? she maintain the almost-receptive like color all the time.. or does female veiled maintain this color until they laid their eggs? tried to find some article on google but i couldn't find one that thoroughly explains about gravid female veiled so i hope u guys can help me out because this is my first time trying and i don't want to mess things up..

thanks in advance guys! btw here's her picture(as u can see her color are still not normal like how a typical veiled female would look like) >>

Attachments

• 1375952_476057989158284_67491573_n.jpg
    1375952_476057989158284_67491573_n.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 156
What a pretty lady! All girls are different. Some will go dark gravid colours even with infertile eggs but some won't. Some will maintain the receptive colours up to and after laying. As long as you have her bin ready and give her some extra calcium, plenty water and well gutloaded feeders all should be fine :)

Exactly what Angie said, I just had this exact same thing with my carpet female. She refused to show her gravid coloration unless she saw the male.

Good luck with everything, she looks to be filling up with eggs, so exciting!

What a pretty lady! All girls are different. Some will go dark gravid colours even with infertile eggs but some won't. Some will maintain the receptive colours up to and after laying. As long as you have her bin ready and give her some extra calcium, plenty water and well gutloaded feeders all should be fine :)

Exactly what Angie said, I just had this exact same thing with my carpet female. She refused to show her gravid coloration unless she saw the male.

Good luck with everything, she looks to be filling up with eggs, so exciting!

Thanks guys! that cleared a big chunk of doubt off of my head hahaha.. yupp i've been giving extra attention to her so she should be fine.. but i do notice one thing though.. she's stopped eating since yesterday and today she should hit the 21th day mark.. i guess i should start putting her in the bin? btw i have her bin set up outside her cage since the bin i got is too big to fit in her cage haha..

Egg Laying

If you have live potted plants in her cage then you may catch her trying to dig in them first. That is when I moved my gravid Graceful Chameleon into her external laying bin and she was all done by the morning. Good luck with everything.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom