Need help with maintaining humidity in bigger cage

AndrewWelch

So I just ordered a new 48x24x24 cage and it comes in in about a week. So I was wondering how I can maintain the humidity in it without misting every couple hours. I have a reptifogger humidifier, so if someone could give me some tips on how to get full use out of it, please let me know :p.

From what people have been telling me on here you can put up shower curtains on a couple sides and it will help a lot! Also live plants help!

You can cover up to 3 sides with plastic, if needed. Live plants are really wonderful for holding humidity. Put in live plants and make sure the dripper ends up getting to the soil of one of them. If you can put that plant in a clay pot, all the better.

Yeah I'm going looking for plants tomorrow at home depot, and once it comes in i'll get some plastic and see how that works :p.

Live plants are amazing for keeping humidity up. You'll be stunned. I love Pothos. They are vines, which is great and they are edible and they seem to survive just fine on chameleon poop and water.

id use "Golden Pothos" very very good retaining humidity works awesome for me

Last edited:
Ive had to adjust my Mist King to lightly spray my enclosure every 1&1/2 hr, to keep my levels up. I live in Wisconsin & during the winter its really DRY!! Humidity guages around my Apt generally read only 30%

Back
Top Bottom