Need help with lighting (Heat/UVB)

Leviathan770

I'm out in Hawaii, I have central AC in my home and my temperatures in the house are usually 75-78 during the day and 70 at night. I have an inside cage and an outside cage that allows them to get some sun. I'll leave them outside in their cage that has well placed shade and an area for basking as well. Do I need to run my heat lamp all day and do I need the UVB on all the time too? Thanks for the help, I've been a chameleon owner for four days, I had no idea how much work these things would be.

Sorry no one has responded. What kind of Cham do you have? Yes they are a lot of work but if you love and respect them, it’s worth it. As for the basking lamp, if your basking Temp gets over 80-85 for certain species you’ll need to shut it off. They don’t need it all day Anyway. The uvb need to be on for 12 hours a day unless they are outside in natural sunlight in which case they don’t need it at all because they get it from the sun. Inside the house they need their uvb for 12 hours a day.

Do you have more than one in the cage? If so each individual Cham needs their own cage or they will stress each other out to the point of getting sick or even death so you’ll need to separate them into their own individual cages.

Back
Top Bottom