Need help with humidity tonight

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have my Jackson’s screen enclosure covered on three sides with plastic and a mistking going off every two hours all night for 2 min each time. My humidity is at 50-55% right now. Temps are running around 70 to 74 F. If I turn the ac on the humidity will go even lower. What more can I do? I struggle to get the temps and humidity he needs At night. During the day it’s fine.

I can think of a few things that might work, an ultrasonic humidifier with the output directed into the enclosure should help, but unfortunately I don't have much experience with Jackson's chameleon.

Hi Linda don't panic . We have had a heat wave in the uk I turned off the fogger at night because of temps just ran a dripper all day added a bit of ice into the mister thanks to other members suggestions you should be fine as long as your cham is drinking

I’ve run the dripper all day as well. I just don’t understand why with running the mistking every two hours for two minutes all night it doesn’t bring the humidity up! My enclosure is full of potted plants as well.

You can also wrap the door to the cage with plastic, as long as the bottom service panel below it stays clear, along with turning the cage bioactive. Just make sure the daytime humidity levels are in the proper range and aren't too high if you do either/both. If you can lower the A/C to 67*F, a cool-mist humidifier will help raise levels, as well, like @Jevin said.

I have my Jackson’s screen enclosure covered on three sides with plastic and a mistking going off every two hours all night for 2 min each time. My humidity is at 50-55% right now. Temps are running around 70 to 74 F. If I turn the ac on the humidity will go even lower. What more can I do? I struggle to get the temps and humidity he needs At night. During the day it’s fine.
Where is the nighttime humidity probe?

There’s no probe, gust the little square gauges I have hung ant the top, middle, and bottom of the sides of the cage. I hung them by paper clips in the screen.

I have A ultrasonic humidifier but no way to make it go into the cage. I can only sit it in Front of it and turn it on. Tonight humidity levels are just as low and Eustis is sitting on a small money tree low in his cage. I’m glad he explored a little today but now he’s just stayed there all afternoon.

Here’s a picture of it. It’s an ultrasonic humidifier for people

Attachments

• 08BCCAD3-E49A-487E-AF45-72C9E28A15C1.jpeg
    08BCCAD3-E49A-487E-AF45-72C9E28A15C1.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 97
Or make a pvc pipe outlet. If the top nozzle comes off, see if a size of pvc pipe fits in the opening. I'm talking about the top of the tear drop.

how do you make reptibreeze xl into a bio active setup?
From my knowledge, create panels to attach to the sides and back, and a substrate tray for the bottom. There's other steps but the most basic is adapting the screen enclosure. Once that's done, it's setting up and establishing the bioactive portion. I haven't comverted a reptibreeze myself, but I'm in the middle of a bioactive build right now.

Back
Top Bottom