Need help with chameleon please

RicoTheCham

Hello. My chameleon was doing just fine until one day I woke up and saw that his eyes were closed I waited for him to wake up and open them but he never did. I sprayed him with water to check if he was alive and he was. I went to school and came back home to see he changed a weird color and he was in the same spot. I know eyes is a crucial thing for a chameleon so I’m starting to get worried in what is causing my chameleon to do this. I mist his cage 3 times a day. When he wakes up. Middle of the day. When he goes to sleep. I use a reptibreeze 5.0 light (goes across ceiling). Basking spots get 80-85 degrees. I know he is skinny but that is because he can’t open his eyes to see the food. He moves around but not as much as he is supposed to
image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Reply

Hello and welcome to the forum!!! You have come to a great place for guidance. It may help the experienced keepers guide you if you fill out this form attached to the link below (copy and paste the form) to give as much info as possible on your little one😍 Are you positive of his gender? Veileds can be gendered incorrectly sometimes. If you are not sure you can post a pic of the back foot to see if there’s a spur present.
He is a real cutie!!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!

How long has he been keeping his eyes closed? How long have you had him?

Do you turn off all lights at night?

Can you post a photo of the whole cage please including the lights.

Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!

How long has he been keeping his eyes closed? How long have you had him?

Do you turn off all lights at night?

Can you post a photo of the whole cage please including the lights.
I made a new forum that has all the information on it

It’s better to keep everything in one thread about one chameleon so we can help you better.

If you ask one of the staff they can join the two threads for you.

Do you turn all the lights off at night?

Two weeks is a long time for him to be shutting the eyes without a solution. A vet visit to a good exotics vet might be in order.

I can just copy and paste it in here
It’s better to keep everything in one thread about one chameleon so we can help you better.

If you ask one of the staff they can join the two threads for you.

Do you turn all the lights off at night?

Two weeks is a long time for him to be shutting the eyes without a solution. A vet visit to a good exotics vet might be in order.
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon. Veiled chameleon. Male. Around 7-8 months old. In my care for 2 months
    • How often do you handle- Once a month
    • Feeding - I’m feeding crickets dusted with calcium and vitamin A and don’t gut load
    • Supplements - both made by reptibreeze
    • Watering - I water 3 times day with a hand held sprayer. When he wakes up middle of day when he sleeps. I see him drink
    • Fecal Description - white tip and brown body. Never been tested for parasites
    • History - nope
    • Cage Info:
    • Cage Type - all mesh 16x14x16
    • Lighting - full sized reptibreeze t5 10.0 starts at 8 am to 8 pm
    • Temperature - basking spot 80-85 around cage 70. Floor 60. at night it is 65. Use digital thermometer
    • Humidity - humidity is 80-85 and I use a humidifiers
    • Plants - nope
    • Placement not near any fans and is in the middle of the wall/floor
    • Location - georgia
    • Current Problems
    - The current problem you are concerned about.
  • My chameleon was fine up untill 2 weeks ago when I woke up and he didn’t open his eyes. I went to school and he still hasn’t opened them he barley moved from the spot where I last seen him I mist him with water to check if he’s a live and he moves. Please help i don’t wanna lose him

Attachments​

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom