Need help telling how old she is??

theonlyjuan

I just got my chameleon a week ago. Trying to figure out his old she is. ????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 136
It is hard to say unless you compare to something like holding her on your hand. Pics can be deceiving. That aside I hate to tell you this but your chameleon has Metabolic Bone Disease. Her front leg that is in view on that pic looks as if she might even have a break in it? You need to contact the seller immediately.

Really?? I got it off a family that I think had no idea how to take care of her. I have her properly setup now. Does that means she's gonna die?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 100
It is hard to say unless you compare to something like holding her on your hand. Pics can be deceiving. That aside I hate to tell you this but your chameleon has Metabolic Bone Disease. Her front leg that is in view on that pic looks as if she might even have a break in it? You need to contact the seller immediately.

She's going to die??

No but she could be in pain if her bone is broken. Can you post some pics of her other limbs? How long did they have her? It does not happen over night so she probably was neglected for some time. MBD comes from a lack of calcium in the diet or uvb rays or a combination of both. MBD cannot be reversed so her legs will stay like that, but if you give her what she needs you can stop it from getting worse. There should only be an "L" in the leg. One bend in the elbow. As you can see she has more than one joint so to speak. She should be seen by a vet and get some calcium injections and then be put on a calcium supplement. I am sorry to give you this news, especially taking on someonelse's problem..

There is a sticky in the Health Forum all about MBD written by a reptile vet. I would start there. Glad that poor girl is with someone who cares now!

what kind of light are you using above the cage?. She needs two lights Does she fall?

I have a reptile sun 5.0 and a 50watt basking bulb. I already have her on calcium and already started with d3 and a multi-vitiams.

I am out getting her crickets will post some pics when I get home. Not really sure how long the family had her. By I'm sure they didn't have the lights on her.

She doesn't fall. She's moves around very nicely and eats well. She has not fallen.

Can you post some more pics of her limbs and her overall? Also, you have that container at the bottom? Is that for egg laying? It is way too small and not deep enough for her to lay. She can lay eggs from about 5 months on. Does she have spurs on the back of her back heels? If so, she is a male and not a female. Often times people think they have a female and do not and vice versa. The spurs will tell you for sure when they are young.

Can you post some more pics of her limbs and her overall? Also, you have that container at the bottom? Is that for egg laying? It is way too small and not deep enough for her to lay. She can lay eggs from about 5 months on. Does she have spurs on the back of her back heels? If so, she is a male and not a female. Often times people think they have a female and do not and vice versa. The spurs will tell you for sure when they are young.

It is too small for her to lay eggs. I put it there so I know when she's ready to. If I see her digging there them ill move her to the 20 gal tank I have ready with top soil and play sand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 104
It is too small for her to lay eggs. I put it there so I know when she's ready to. If I see her digging there them ill move her to the 20 gal tank I have ready with top soil and play sand.

Here is another pic. Don't know how to up load multiplies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 113
thanks for everyones help it is really appreciated. this is my first chameleon and it sucks that she has MBD but she is properly housed since i got her. she is on a calcium and vitamins schedule.

was thinking about buying another baby (from a good breeder) was going to see if anyone could recomend a good online place or here in the phoenix area.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom