Need help!!! (proper re post)

chicagochang45

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - i have a female veiled chameleon that i purchased from craigslist. she was only a few weeks old.

Handling - i handle her once or twice a week.

Feeding - i feed her small crickets. about 8-10. every other day. a guy at petco told me to feed the crickets red potatoes.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? i dust with rep cal calcium every other feeding. rep cal herptivite once a month. and rep cal calcium w vit d 2x a month.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? i have a mistking mister. How often and how long to you mist? it mists 5 times a day for 3min eah time. Do you see your chameleon drinking? not really she doesnt eat or drink in front of ppl. ive only seen her eat once when i woke up one morning.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? droppings are white. no i have no idea how to test for that.

History - shes very shy towards ppl. i was affraid she wasnt eating but then everytime i put crickets in the usually disapear.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? screen cage. tall 18x18x36

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? exo terra repti glo 5.0 15w. and a regular house bulb for basking. from 7am to 7pm

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 70 degrees to 80 degrees.lowest overnight is room temp right now its about 60. measured by digi thermometer in cage.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? about 60% humid using a mistking and newspaper as substrate. hygrometer.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? no live plants.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? cage located in my room in front of window so some sun hits her. sitting on top of a 3 drawer plastic rubbermaid container. top of cage is about 51/2 feet off floor.

Location - Where are you geographically located? i live in chicago il.

Current Problem - earlier today she had one eye closed. right before i left for work. i get home late so i couldnt monitor her during the rest of the evening. will take pictures in the morning when she wakes up...around 730am. thanks alot in advance really hope i can get her healthy again.

You should use calcium without D3 and phosphorus every feeding and then calcium with D3 once a month same thing for multivits.

your little one should be fed ever day at that age, not every other and if you are feeding the smallest crickets(which you should be if she is a few weeks old) you should be feeding more than 8-10 crickets and should be doubling that. This would not close eye closing issues but what you gutload your crickets with might. Potatoes are not the most nutritional thing and you should be using a variety of fresh fruits and veggies especially dark leafy greens like mustard, collard, kale, things like that. You chameleon gets its nutrition from your feeders and their nutrition comes from what they eat.

your little one should be fed ever day at that age, not every other and if you are feeding the smallest crickets(which you should be if she is a few weeks old) you should be feeding more than 8-10 crickets and should be doubling that. This would not close eye closing issues but what you gutload your crickets with might. Potatoes are not the most nutritional thing and you should be using a variety of fresh fruits and veggies especially dark leafy greens like mustard, collard, kale, things like that. You chameleon gets its nutrition from your feeders and their nutrition comes from what they eat.

ok will do. thanks

sometimes vitamin A deficiency can cause eye problems. Are you giving a multi vitamin? Has your chameleon shed yet? Sometimes they can get pieces of shed in their eye turret. These are a couple of reasons why your chameleon could be closing his eye.

Back
Top Bottom