Need help, pest killing

chameleoman

Avid Member
Hey everyone me and my dad are going to make a reptile room in my tree house and there are a lot of annoying ants and spiders. Is there anyway to kill them and have it safe for my reptiles? I don't want to spray some pesticide and put my reptiles up there only to have them killed.

-Thanks!

Hey everyone me and my dad are going to make a reptile room in my tree house and there are a lot of annoying ants and spiders. Is there anyway to kill them and have it safe for my reptiles? I don't want to spray some pesticide and put my reptiles up there only to have them killed.

-Thanks!

There are non-toxic ways to repel spiders and ants...maybe something like diatomaceous earth spread along the joints in the floor and window ledges? Maybe one of the marigold extract type repellents. I think I'd search "green" websites for non-toxic insect repellents and see what they suggest. Ants may be harder to get rid of and they will bite your cham. Spiders would be a cham snack. Many chams love them.

I read online that lemon repels ants, So i go in the tree house cut a lemon open, squirt juice all over the tree and ants i even smashed the lemon into where the ants were coming from and come back an hour later. .. . . .BAM triple the amount of ants were all over!

lol you brought food! Liquid peppermint works.

Honestly, i wouldnt worry about getting rid of all the bugs especially spiders. Free food!

Back
Top Bottom