Need Help on ID-ing this Lizard Plzzz

KShook

Avid Member
OKie Dokie..So this morning my kitty found me a new friend! :) "Lucky Meeee!" Poor little guy/girl..lost part of his/her tail and is growing back..Rear right leg is missing the whole foot and rear left leg is missing some toe's.. :( This little guy has already had a tuff life! Anyways...Thinking about keeping him/her sinces it's so banged up...Need some help on what he/she could be???

Here's Some Photos!!!

P2100781.jpg

P2100780.jpg

P2100779-1.jpg

P2100778-1.jpg

P2100777.jpg

Thanks Kayla!!!

Not sure what species it is but I thought I'd offer my experience with a similar incident. A dog got a little skink we have down here and bit off the whole tail and one back foot, and the other one ended up necrosing off anyway. He couldn't use one leg, and the other was just a stump, so I took it in thinking it wouldn't have a chance in the wild. Well that little thing was as fiesty as ever! Had absolutely no problem chasing bugs down from day one, and bit me every chance he got! After a month or two it was obvious he was not affected by his obvious handicap. No one told him he needed those back legs! I finally ended up letting him go near my porch and I saw him occasionaly for a long time after that! He had no problem getting back out there! Just fwiw. Probably a good idea to keep this little guy unless he can prove he doesn't need those extra appendages either! I named my guy "Caboose", since his was missing. :)

haha thats to funny, there mean little suckers!! lol Thankfully my kittys are lizard friendly :) This guy was already like this when i found him..he/she seems pretty mellow..kinda does the freeze like he's dead thing when I pick him up! lol..I'm going to monitor him/her for a few days and see how it does..maybe i'll let her/him go?? I just looked up some pics of common CA Lizards I think its a "Western Fence Lizard" not sure the scientific name??

Not sure what species it is but I thought I'd offer my experience with a similar incident. A dog got a little skink we have down here and bit off the whole tail and one back foot, and the other one ended up necrosing off anyway. He couldn't use one leg, and the other was just a stump, so I took it in thinking it wouldn't have a chance in the wild. Well that little thing was as fiesty as ever! Had absolutely no problem chasing bugs down from day one, and bit me every chance he got! After a month or two it was obvious he was not affected by his obvious handicap. No one told him he needed those back legs! I finally ended up letting him go near my porch and I saw him occasionaly for a long time after that! He had no problem getting back out there! Just fwiw. Probably a good idea to keep this little guy unless he can prove he doesn't need those extra appendages either! I named my guy "Caboose", since his was missing. :)

haha thats to funny, there mean little suckers!! lol Thankfully my kittys are lizard friendly :) This guy was already like this when i found him..he/she seems pretty mellow..kinda does the freeze like he's dead thing when I pick him up! lol..I'm going to monitor him/her for a few days and see how it does..maybe i'll let her/him go?? I just looked up some pics of common CA Lizards I think its a "Western Fence Lizard" not sure the scientific name??

It does sorta look like a western fence/blue belly. Not 100% sure tho, me and my co workers caught one of those and a alligator lizard last time I was in Ca.

yeah I'm pretty sure it's a Western Fence Blue Belly..without the blue belly since it's a GIRL!:) I've decided to to keep her..she found a little spot in my heart. I have her tiny little self setup in a 10 gal with a cave to hid in with some brush as well, with sand/peat moss for substrait..First night setup..and shes already sleeping under the substrait!! I think I did okay?! :) Pics to come SOON!!

Kayla

Back
Top Bottom