Need help! Newly hatched baby has a prolapse?

#Chams4life

Avid Member
We have a clutch of Ambanja babies hatching. One of the eggs shrunk and started to mold so we opened it up to find this baby and it looks like he has a prolapse. He is alive but we're not sure what to do. All other babies that have hatched so far are all healthy and doing great. Any suggestions and help would be amazing! Thank you in advance!
IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

Vets won’t touch it, way to fragile. Most likely going to have to survive on his own, sad but true part of breeding. I wouldn’t expect him to survive but go for it anyway. Keep it warm and moist and hope for the best.

Harsh, I know. Sorry.

The middle part look like the leftover egg sac to me.
As far as the prolapse. Keep it clean with warm water and moist with ky jelly to keep the tissue alive,or warm sugar water can be applied to try to get the tissue to shrink it has to be within one hour...if u are not afraid to use a warm wet qtip u might able to get it back in.
Hopefully it doesn't have the infection because that is delicate tissue now very irritated and exposed to the outside world.

The vet was our first thought but we realized they wouldn't see him since he's so small and they wouldn't be able to do anything to help anyway. We're gonna try and keep him alive but he's not up and walking and is still laying there. We're expecting that he's not gonna make it but we're still gonna try.
That is the leftover egg sac, we pulled him out because the egg was molding, so we opened it.
Is there a certain type of sugar I should use? Lukewarm water or warm water?
Thanks for the replies

Reactions: iMi
Thanks for the
I prefer organic refine sugar...warm water but not too warm. What is the time frame now...it need to be done asap before gets infection.
If it doesnt shrink on its own then q tip method will be the last result.

The vet was our first thought but we realized they wouldn't see him since he's so small and they wouldn't be able to do anything to help anyway. We're gonna try and keep him alive but he's not up and walking and is still laying there. We're expecting that he's not gonna make it but we're still gonna try.
That is the leftover egg sac, we pulled him out because the egg was molding, so we opened it.
Thanks for the replies
Respectfully, and not trying to put you down in ANYWAY. I’ve gone through exactly what your going through right now. (That tactful enough for all you guys?;) )

...this is why most breeders don’t help hatchlings escape the egg. If they aren’t strong enough to be born they are not strong enough to live. This little guy looks fully formed but he hasn’t absorbed nearly enough of the yolk and that may be some of his insides stuck to it as well. I’ve never seen yoke sacks with dark coloration like that. All that exposed yoke is going to start drying out and when that happens it starts sticking to everything. Once it starts sticking to stuff it’s going to start pulling on his insides every time he moves. Not pleasant.

If the prolapse hasn’t retracted by now and if the hatchling isn’t moving around much more then it may be time to end his suffering. It’s not easy to do, I’ve had to make the same decisions more than once so I feel your pain.

oh yeah! Great to see you here again also!!
Unfortunately I think the baby passed away. He hasn't changed color yet, but he did poop, leaving him alone until we're sure.
Yup...sorry for the baby...but look at the bright sight u still have other babies too...how many all total that survive??

Yup...sorry for the baby...but look at the bright sight u still have other babies too...how many all total that survive??
There were 26 eggs and 16 hatched but the one did t make it, so we have 15 healthy little babies as of right now. I haven't look to see if more hatched yet today, but they've been hatching like crazy.

There were 26 eggs and 16 hatched but the one did t make it, so we have 15 healthy little babies as of right now. I haven't look to see if more hatched yet today, but they've been hatching like crazy.
That's a great news!! 10 more eggs to go...
those eggs can take a month or more from first to last to hatch.Humidity are a big factor ..i usually add tiny bit of water evenly distributed in the laying medium every 4-5 days.watching the eggs expend bigger then shrink with the water seeps through the egg shell n suddently the tiny little new cham came peep out the egg shell by themself to begin their first life journey....that is a joy moments in my past memories.
You definitely going to be a busy mother with those cute babies from now in between the gutload feeders...feed...mist...clean...and repeat...

Yep, very excited! Two more hatched, so down to 8 eggs and two of the eggs are shrinking and splitting. As of now we're keeping the babies in small glass bioactive cages and they're working amazingly! I'll start a new thread with some pictures

Yep, very excited! Two more hatched, so down to 8 eggs and two of the eggs are shrinking and splitting. As of now we're keeping the babies in small glass bioactive cages and they're working amazingly! I'll start a new thread with some pictures
(y)..I be waiting for the sequel "#Chams4life-the new life begin" coming to the forum theater near you!!

Back
Top Bottom