Need help naming my new chameleon

What should my new Chameleons name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lpsouth1978

Avid Member
Alright, so my new Ambilobe Panther Chameleon is arriving in the morning and I need some help deciding on a name. My co-workers and I have come up with several possibilities, but I need help narrowing it down. Cast your vote and help me out.

I would if I had one. I do have a picture of his brother from the same clutch. I was originally getting him, but the breeder said the one he sent is slightly larger.

IMG_1320.jpg

Well, looks like I have plenty of time to come up with the name. I was just informed that (insert name here) did not ship today as I was told. I was given a tracking number, but it never showed up in the UPS system. He said UPS claimed they didn't know it was a live animal and therefore did not send it out. Since I live in Phoenix, where the temps are now @ 110 almost daily, and I work Mon-Thurs 6am-6pm, I have to wait until next friday to get him. Talk about disappointment!

FedEx overnight is having many delays up to 4 days and longer. It’s very risky to ship and my husband and I are making road trips to deliver our babies.
ARRH, these be dark times!

Early on, I made a comment about preferring to patronize breeders local to me, and got some pushback about that being irrelevant (or something) due to FedEx. Well... :rolleyes:

I have nothing against patronizing whichever breeder someone wishes to—that wasn't my point—I'm just an old fart (That's MISTER Old Fart to Whippersnappers) who likes to deal locally when & where possible, and goodness knows that's not always possible or practicable—especially under current circumstances. I've shopped online with the best of 'em.

BTW—Kudos to jannb & husband for doing what you're doing!

Hopefully, vaccines & cures will come sooner than later, and some level of normalcy or adaptation will be achieved. But I'm not going to wait for that. When I get my enclosure up & running smoothly, I'll be contacting the local breeders I've vetted, and checking this one off my bucket list. ;)

...AND WHAT'S ALL THIS ABOUT POLLING FOR NAMES o_O
Don't people have imaginations anymore? I've been working on my name list for a YEAR now (What's on my list? Wouldn't you like to know... :LOL:), and I'll be cornobbled if I'm going to leave it up to (no offense) others to name my pets for me!

Don't mind me—I'm... grouchy this morning. Tongue is fully inserted into cheek. ?

@Sezny They didn’t make it with me because I will not ship when it’s unsafe but it’s 5 times worse now than holiday shipping. With the Covid19 and now the protesting it worse than ever,

Critical!
Covid-19 update 05/05/20:
We are still closely monitoring the FedEx systems for signs that things are calming down, but we continue to see significant issues and delays and FedEx is still limited in how much they can assist us with Peak Protocols in place. With that in mind, there is still no insurance coverage available, though we are anxious to turn it back on as soon as possible. We unfortunately still do not have a target date since the situation keeps changing, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that insurance will be available sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, please help us to keep all animals safe by acknowledging and adhering to the following:
• There is no On Time and Live Arrival Insurance available at this time. Please reconsider shipping sensitive, rare, or high value animals until insurance is back up.
• If you decide to ship, YOU WILL BE DOING SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are no refunds for late, lost, damaged, or DOA shipments at this time. Please reconsider shipping high value, rare, irreplaceable, and sensitive species until insurance is back on.
• DO NOT CALL FEDEX, AND MAKE SURE YOUR RECIPIENTS DO NOT CALL FEDEX, EITHER. We will call FedEx on your or your recipient’s behalf. Any intervention on a shipment by either you or your recipient can very easily result in an additional 24-48 hour delay. Please let us handle FedEx issues—we know exactly what to say and do to best help you.
• Live Shipping is still Monday through Wednesday ONLY. We have had Thursday shipments delayed until Monday, even with Saturday upgrade requests put in, and we are not in office during the weekend to help you. NOTE: From what we have seen, Mondays are the busiest day across FedEx and Monday shipments have had the most delays and issues. Tuesday and Wednesday shipping has been noticeably calmer with fewer problems.
• The Ground / Home system is heavily delayed. Please allow for an additional 2 to 3 business days on Ground shipments. If shipping to a business or if the recipient’s business name is on the label, FedEx may assume the business is closed, even if it is a residential business. Let us know if you see exceptions or substantial delays on your Ground and Home shipments.
• Ship to the hub for pick up. Most of the delays we are seeing are on packages that go out for delivery. We have seen 6 to 8 hour driver delays and the trucks are not temperature controlled. Let us know if you need help locating a hub.
• Package your shipments in anticipation of a delay. If your package is hung up in Memphis or Indy, assume a 24 hour delay. We audit shipments every morning and send tracking information to FedEx to request that packages be held indoors until they can move out, so chances are excellent that we will already have cases open on your shipment(s).
• Pay special attention if you are shipping in or out of COVID hotspot areas, particularly in the Northeast/Tri-State Area. We are seeing increased delays and issues in heavily affected areas.
• Triple check each shipment for correct recipient and address information, including recipient phone numbers. Incorrect addresses can result in an additional 24-48 hour delay and being able to reach out directly to your customer will let us help as quickly as possible.
• Watch your tracking, especially if the recipient lives in apartment complexes or the address is commercial. While we will request reattempts on missed deliveries, many drivers will be NOT be able to do a same-day reattempt, in which case your recipient would need to wait for it to get back to the Ship Center to pick up later that evening, or wait for reattempt the next business day.
• Do not ship to or drop off your shipments at a FedEx Office or ANY other retail location. Run any given Hold At Facility address through Google to verify it is a legitimate Ship Center, or use the “Ship To FedEx Facility” function in Booking. Most have now modified their hours and have earlier pick ups, but Ship Center hours remain the same for the time being. Contact us if you need help finding your Ship Center.
To keep our website banners as up-to-date and streamlined as possible, we will display only the most recent update on the site. All previous Covid notifications have been compiled and can be easily found here: https://shipyourreptiles.com/pages/updates
For the most updated FedEx information, please keep an eye on FedEx's alerts page, which you can find at: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/service-alerts.html
We are committed to continuing to provide you with excellent service, and we will always do what we can to resolve any issues that come up.
Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay healthy out there.

I'm confused on how these services work, but I don't want to drag this thread any further off-topic than I already have...

ARRH, these be dark times!

Early on, I made a comment about preferring to patronize breeders local to me, and got some pushback about that being irrelevant (or something) due to FedEx. Well... :rolleyes:

I have nothing against patronizing whichever breeder someone wishes to—that wasn't my point—I'm just an old fart (That's MISTER Old Fart to Whippersnappers) who likes to deal locally when & where possible, and goodness knows that's not always possible or practicable—especially under current circumstances. I've shopped online with the best of 'em.

BTW—Kudos to jannb & husband for doing what you're doing!

Hopefully, vaccines & cures will come sooner than later, and some level of normalcy or adaptation will be achieved. But I'm not going to wait for that. When I get my enclosure up & running smoothly, I'll be contacting the local breeders I've vetted, and checking this one off my bucket list. ;)

...AND WHAT'S ALL THIS ABOUT POLLING FOR NAMES o_O
Don't people have imaginations anymore? I've been working on my name list for a YEAR now (What's on my list? Wouldn't you like to know... :LOL:), and I'll be cornobbled if I'm going to leave it up to (no offense) others to name my pets for me!

Don't mind me—I'm... grouchy this morning. Tongue is fully inserted into cheek. ?
I would prefer to support a local breeder, but finding one in my area is no easy thing. I found one possibility, but he has nothing available right now and won't until September. It seems that there is A LOT more availability on the east coast, but VERY little in the desert South West.

As for letting others name my pet... This is not me letting others name him. This is simply letting others give ideas and thoughts. I will ultimately name him whichever calls to me. Right now it is not even the name with the most votes. ?

As for letting others name my pet... This is not me letting others name him. This is simply letting others give ideas and thoughts. I will ultimately name him whichever calls to me. Right now it is not even the name with the most votes. ?
Oh no! You’ve gotta go with Fernando. Is an awesome name! Is also one of my favorite ABBA songs. :)

Back
Top Bottom