Need help asap

LizZaDoRk18

My Boyfriend's Female Chameleon Is About A Year Old. I Have Had Chameleons In The Past And Never Had This Issue. But I Went To His Parents House To Check On Her [The Chameleon] And There Is A Red Lump Protruding From Her Bottom. She Is Staying Low In The Habitat And Not Eating. I Witnessed Her Fall Over And Stay At The Bottom Of The Habitat [Did Not Try To Climb Back Up]. I Suspect Cancer From Not Being Able To Lay Eggs (HE DOESNT LISTEN TO ME!!!). I Also Suggested That There Is A Vitamin/Nutrition Issue. Please Help. I Want To Save Her Life. She Is A Beautiful Chameleon, It'd Be A Shame To See Her Go.... :confused:

Yes, you should use either a sugar/water mix or KY jelly to keep it moist. Resist the urge to use Vaseline. KY is water based and much gentler.

My Boyfriend's Female Chameleon Is About A Year Old. I Have Had Chameleons In The Past And Never Had This Issue. But I Went To His Parents House To Check On Her [The Chameleon] And There Is A Red Lump Protruding From Her Bottom. She Is Staying Low In The Habitat And Not Eating. I Witnessed Her Fall Over And Stay At The Bottom Of The Habitat [Did Not Try To Climb Back Up]. I Suspect Cancer From Not Being Able To Lay Eggs (HE DOESNT LISTEN TO ME!!!). I Also Suggested That There Is A Vitamin/Nutrition Issue. Please Help. I Want To Save Her Life. She Is A Beautiful Chameleon, It'd Be A Shame To See Her Go.... :confused:

Kidnap it... he doesn't seem fit to care for a chameleon.

I work with reptiles and a lot of other animals. I have a chameleon at work about 5 months old, only eats if I feed her. I'm really worried about the Chameleon though. My boyfriend is so heart broken. From what I observed its pretty moist but I did do the sugar/water mix. [it worked] but what do I do about the not eating, not climbing thing until I can get her to a vet. I made the appointment but its a week from today. I've had cham's of my own before but never had any problems.

Its either a uterine or intestinal prolapse from the sounds of it. It might look moist but the prolapsed tissue still needs something (K-Y jelly) on it to keep it from dying/becoming necrotic....and this is a medical emergency. It has to be fixed NOW. You need to tell the vets this and get the chameleon in to the vet right away. If its not looked after right away the chameleon will almost certainly die in a couple of days.

You said the sugar thing worked...what do you mean?

If its an intestinal prolapse (don't know if it would be the same for a uterine prolapse too) if the chameleon eats it will put more pressure on the prolapse...so the chameleon is likely right not to eat.

The chameleon you have at work should also be eating without you having to hand feed it.

Back
Top Bottom