NEED HELP ASAP

Yep...that is one of the reasons why we monitor poop so much. It gives us hints on how much or cham is eating, if they really are getting water and are hydrated etc.
And Tony goes on terrifying hunger strikes because he’s just waiting for the next hornworm. Ugh.

Thanks shes about to lay eggs soon!!
She definitely looks like she's going to lay eggs. But you MUST set up a lay bin. I'm concerned because she's not had the proper supplements and lighting so she might not be able to lay the eggs on her own. You need to take her to a vet right away. CHeck the vet list to see if one is in your area. If she can't lay them on her own, she'll die.

She definitely looks like she's going to lay eggs. But you MUST set up a lay bin. I'm concerned because she's not had the proper supplements and lighting so she might not be able to lay the eggs on her own. You need to take her to a vet right away. CHeck the vet list to see if one is in your area. If she can't lay them on her own, she'll die.
Ok im going to the store right bow to get the right uvb and more stuff for her tank

Im going to the store to get her laying bin and right uvb to help her

Im going to the store to get her laying bin and right uvb to help her
That’s exciting! My girl Iris has been producing eggs and I am setting her laying bin up this week. She hasn’t started digging or watching the bottom her and I’ve cut back on the feeders a bit and watching her like a hawk! Good luck to you and your Cham!

Is this normal shes digging

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 13
A 50/50 of moist organic soil and play sand works well. But it looks like she’s doing just fine. Please let us know when she’s out of there and basking again, and of course count the eggs!

It looks like she recognizes it’s a good place to lay but I don’t know if it’s deep enough. What is the depth of the soil? And don’t measure it while she’s laying. You could disturb the process

I dont know but she is digging right now
It's not ideal but if she's digging, then in my opinion, do NOT disturb her. She NEEDS to get those eggs out. (@MissSkittles please chime in if you have a different opinion).

Make sure you read over the link MissSkittles gave you VERY closely and follow the instructions exactly. Female chams need to dig tunnels that hold their shape so she feels safe backing in to lay her eggs. She'll then want to cover those tunnels and will climb back up high. This can take a few days, and she may sleep in her lay box.

I'll post it here again: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/veiled-chameleon-laying-101.2488/

And DEFINITELY do what @Gloriawood said. Wrap a sheet around the bottom of the cage so she can't see anyone who might be looking at her. IF she feels it's not safe to lay, she'll stop. Then she'll become egg-bound and without surgery, could die. This is a very, very important thing to get right. Best of luck! We're cheering for you and your gal!

It's not ideal but if she's digging, then in my opinion, do NOT disturb her. She NEEDS to get those eggs out. (@MissSkittles please chime in if you have a different opinion).

Make sure you read over the link MissSkittles gave you VERY closely and follow the instructions exactly. Female chams need to dig tunnels that hold their shape so she feels safe backing in to lay her eggs. She'll then want to cover those tunnels and will climb back up high. This can take a few days, and she may sleep in her lay box.

I'll post it here again: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/veiled-chameleon-laying-101.2488/
I dont know if the bin is big enough but she is digging still

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 16

How big is the bin supposed to be

How big is the bin supposed to be
My girls always preferred bins that were at least 12” long, wide and deep (but filled to only 5-6” with play sand. However, wherever your girl chooses to lay her eggs is where she found it to be perfect. It’s all up to her and not us. She has no idea or care whether her eggs are fertile or not. They all are precious to her and instinct guides her to find the right place to deposit them. :)

Back
Top Bottom