Need help ASAP

marcsman16

Established Member
Need help ASAP!!
A friend of mine sent me this video o his chameleon.
I don't know if there's something wrong with him.
He told me that his lights were of and the little guy started to make wired noises, and then he sent me this video.
HELP!

I am no expert and you have one who already responded but I totally agree this guy needs a vet ASAP. My chams would open their eyes right away if I touched them while they were sleeping. Also the struggle to hold on makes me nervous. His stomach was sucked in like he was gasping for air. Not trying to scare you but this little one needs some help. After he is checked out by the vet and home safe you need to have your friend fill out the help form and either you post it here or they join. There could be some issues with husbandry that needs to be addressed.

definitely needs help, if he's making noises and not opening his eyes to me there's signs of respiratory issues and to be that lethargic when touched, the moment i accidentally touch my cham he will run and hiss, or at least acknowledge me and hiss... @JoshD49 and @Matt Vanilla Gorilla are most definitely right, he needs a vet especially one who specializes in chameleons. along with that he looks a little dehydrated, eyes are a little flat.

He told me he was going to take him to the vet early in the morning!
Hope that everything is under control right now.

I feel kinda guilty because I helped him in all of the husbandry but
I don't know if he followed my indications.
I feel terrible guys :(

If your friend didn’t listen to you don’t feel like it’s your fault some ppl need to go throw the bad to understand why you need to do things perfectly for these animals

Dont feel terrible , everything can happen for a reason.
Fixing an URI is one thing,but the most important thing u need to find is "what is causing the URI problem in the first place??"
Is the cage near a window?air conditioning??any draft???any unnecessary water source inside the cage needs to be removed???
Find the real problem that cause the URI ,so your friend can prevent to happen in the second time.
The vet probably will prescribe the Batril.Usually is for non-specific bacterial infections.Its broad spectrum and effective.The cham will need to be hydrated while on the medication.Also rasing the basking tempature.Hopefully it will recover in no time,I will keep that cham in my prayers for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom