need advise please

rachel

ive had my chameleon for a few months now and i have never seen her drink but she is fine in herself and eating fine, should i be worried?

I have had my girl for 4 months now and have never seen her drink...and she's still alive!!:D.....you must be doing something right!Welcome to the forum...it's a great place for info....good to see someone else from the U.K

Is her urate nice and white? That's the best indicator of good hydration. I had Lily for just over a year and only saw her drink from a leaf the day I brought her home. She did however like to drink from a hamster water bottle when I dripped it in front of her. I can't do that with my baby cham as she's scared of the bottle, bless her! She has taken a couple of drops from a syringe though (no needle in it of course). :D

I'm also in the UK! There's a fair few of us on here now!:D

ive had my chameleon for a few months now and i have never seen her drink but she is fine in herself and eating fine, should i be worried?

What kind of chameleon is it? What are it's feeding habits, approximated age, how do you go about giving it water?

i put ice cubes on the meshing and spray the leafs for her i didnt even think of some sort of dripper to be honest lol

she is about 8 months now and she is a veiled, she eats regular everything is fine ocular_factitus just wanted to know if i should be worried

I have a dripper called "The little Dripper" but they are really easy to make you can find out here on the forum(i tried but the water came out to fast...dooh!)i used the ice cube method for a little while but it's not reliable and you need to be there to top it up alot!my dripper works really well though...is her pee bright and white?

yea everythin in that department all seems well. ill have a look around ronnie thanks, yea the heat does seem to dry it pretty quick aswell which worried me even more ha

I have a veiled as well, I've actually seen Google drink from my bird bath once, he just stuck his whole face in there and took a big gulp.
I don't usually see him drink too much rather just smacking his lips while i mist him 3 times a day.
Don't forget that chams take water in through their skin too.
You should check out Eric Adrignola's veiled care sheet

My chameleons that drink the least have the whitest urates. Closet drinkers-the rotten little things! :) If urates are fine and they look hydrated, what can you do? :)

ill have a look thanks, yea she likes to be misted every now and again but sometimes it seems to annoy her for some reason ha

ill have a look thanks, yea she likes to be misted every now and again but sometimes it seems to annoy her for some reason ha

You can get good spray bottles that mist really well for a buck i usually place googz in the shower and i stand in the other end,
he's on a small tree that's only 16" and i mist him from my waist height.
I'm 6'2" Mist often. Hey let's see some pics of your veiled!

just put one on my profile pic ha ha she has a good strole up the curtains, i never thought of that either ha ha its a good thing i came on here im gettin to know a few little tips ha ha thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom