Need Advise on my Set-up..Should I get a Zoomed Repti Fogger

RSGification

Hi there.

Living in Plano, Texas. Ambient house temp is 69F, Humidity is 42%. I got a 1year old Jackson yesterday.

My new set-up so far:

- Zoomed Repti Breeze Aluminun screen cage 16x16x30

- Shefflera Arboricola and some twigs/branches picked-up outside... Cleaned and washed these items..

- Zoomed Terrarium Hood 18" with 75W Zilla Night Black Heat (ON for 24H) and Reptisun 5.0UVB (ON 12H)

- Zoomed Little dripper.

- Petco Temp gauge average 72F daytime / 60F. Humidity average is 40%. I would spray the cage and usually goes to 70% but then it will go down again to 40 after a few... Usually I spray about 5 to 6 times...

Need your advise regarding the following:

- Any suggestion on my humidity issue? Good idea to get a Zoomed Repti Fogger? What's the best way to time the fogger? The spraying all day will be a problem when I go back to work next week.

- Is my set-up too crowded or more plants required?

- The 72F temp needs to go up around 80F? I'm thinking of adding Zoomed Daylight Blue Repti Bulb 60W to address this issue.

- The cage is in a corner of our living room. typical people traffic..

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00411.jpg
    DSC00411.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00412.JPG
    DSC00412.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00414.JPG
    DSC00414.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 135
Nope you shouldn't.
The foggers simply suck.
Get a misting system, it'll only cost you a bit extra and actually do the job.

You can cover 2 or3 of the sides with plastic that is cut to fit, like a trash bag or painters plastic and that will help hold some humidity. Your humidity should stay between 50-80percent. A misting system will deffinetely help. The foggers usually dont last long. Alot of members including myself make foggers using a cool mist humidifier and some pvc, they work much better. The light you have on 24 hrs should be turned off at night, chams need complets darkness to sleep at nighf. As long as your temps dont drop below 50 at night you will be fine. The ambient cage temp should be low to mid 70s, with a basking spot in the low 80s. You should add more plants as it will help your jackson feel more comfortable and also will help with humidity.

Back
Top Bottom