Need advice on skin condition

Tiger3042

Hi my chameleon is a panther blue bar female and 10 months old.

She is kept in a glass terrarium with mesh top, live plants (not poisonous)
Humidity is around 60 to 80% and basking point is around 30 centigrade.
She is eating and drinking well, shedding and going to the toilet.

I have attached a picture of the black looking fungus? Skin infection she has.
I have been to the vets and they hadn't seen before so unsure what it is. They have given me F10 ointment which is a germicidal barrier to put on twice a day.

As you can imagine the ointment builds up, and the vet advised I clean to get any loose skin off. I am using warm water and cotton wool to clean the area but it seems now to be lifting? It looks a little red underneath. I don't know if this is normal or not.

I would love to know if anyone knows what it is, what causes it and if I'm treating right?
Have been using the ointment for a week with no difference.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 150
who to ask

Try asking laurie or ferretinmyshoes. both seem pretty educated with chams. Both are senior members, & ferret... is a vet.

Looking at some other threads I'm wondering if it may be burns? Although her top branch is about 5 to 6 inches from the lamp.

I'm also using a red bulb which some of the threads have advised is not a good idea?

Getting more confused :(

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Django (was told she was male) is a Female Panther blue bar, approx 10 months old. Had her since 3 months.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Daily, she is very friendly
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Feeding crickets, hoppers and wax worms as treat. About 5 or 6 a day.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Pure calcium every feed, calcium plus multi vits once a week
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Have a dripper, a fogger and mist 3 times a day. She drinks quite a lot
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Normal brown and white
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Glass with mesh top, not sure of size but is large
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Strip UV on all day, red basking lamp 100w on all day and night (I have read a lot on here that I need to turn off at night so am from now) basking light 5 to 6 inches from branch.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Basking is approx 32, near bottom 22 Celcius.
Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Will measure now I'm turning light off.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity between 50 and 80 %
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Yes live plants, schefflera arboricola is the main one with some smaller.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? No fans, or vents. In living room, not high traffic
Location - Where are you geographically located? Near London, England

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
As above

That basking branch is rather close for her size. It is possible that it is a burn. I would definitely lower the branch down some. The red bulbs are really unnatural. The white bulbs replicate the sun more I think.

Back
Top Bottom