Need advice on incubation set up

You have to solder the connection points where the wall plug/ cord meets the heat tape. If you can solder that's perfect though. Slip the cord through the refrigerator drain with the temp probe and then do your soldering. Other option would be solder and then tape the cord down going through the door opening. There may be a tiny leak doing it that way but I can't imagine it hurting your overall performance much if any.

Yea I really appreciate it a lot!!!! Thank you! Also yes I can solder that’s I good tip thank you some times I rush and over look thing like that I’ll make sure I run the cord through and then solder it up the end of the tape has to get capped or?

Shouldn't have to but, if you want to fold a piece of electrical tape over the ends before doing the foil tape I wouldn't blame you. I would consider that a better safe then sorry situation lol. Definitely put some over the solder joint of course but that is pretty much a given. I would say just put some liquid tape over it however my last few rounds of that on other projects didn't work so well for me.

The heat tape came in it says no solder it has these tabs with teeth that you clamp on with pliers then wrap with rubber insulators and electrical tape the cut ends.

Any suggestions on how I should run it around the inside I have 5 linear feet I can drill the cord hole wherever. Here’s a picture of the mini fridge

80895549-B0F9-46B7-AE9C-C71AA88001BA.jpeg
FE30C0E1-60D5-4C5A-AE02-C2094E23F294.jpeg

Looking at the first picture I was thinking cutting it on a 45 angle then running in diagonal from the top left corner of the left side down the side until I hits the back about 5/8ths of the way down then coming across the wall on the right to finish that way there’s equall heat distribution from top to bottom. If I start it on that angle it will end up at the bottom by the time it wraps around.

No it’s a solid mold no gaps you mean like if it was an insert? Then pry in back and slip the tape in your saying?

Exactly, you want to mimic this essentially. Since in your case you need the cooling more then heat I'd mimic it as close as possible and if you have to stop the tape where the fridge body and separator meet I think you'll be fine in this case. This one also ran the power cord through the door opening like I had mentioned though I'd still run the cord through the drain personally.

Screenshot_2018-06-14-18-50-11.png

Thank you for that I got it. Now I’m just waiting for the silicone to cure it’s a lil wonky but I’m tired and looks don’t effect performance.. now I’m just waiting on the inkbird 308!! And I’m set

EE9A47FF-2BCA-4BD4-94BC-F837916D39C7.jpeg

Awesome. So I've been thinking about this one this morning since part of your cooling lines are in the separator. It may be worth doing a wire shelf on the very top shelf rack with computer fans blowing down the right side and back up the left to help circulate the cool air a bit. Two maybe three of these wired to a 12v power supply should be enough to circulate it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-5...018369?hash=item48abfb4c81:g:D2MAAOSwLx5aqCIe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC100-240V...hash=item33a70500e6:m:m7dwsKacOtTS0xSxsEs5ZVA

Might be on to something there air circulation will help keep it stable with maybe wind blocks/ dividers so the eggs dont get air rushing past them. I got the inkbird I’m I have it set up I have the temp probe in the middle for now just running some test dialing in it I also have a separate digital temp prob closer to the bottom to see what the differences are I’m just messing with the power level on my fridge it kickes on cooles the liquid that runs through the freezer unit there and by the time it kicks off it keeps cooling down past what I want then the heat tape kicks on and saves it and brings it back to the temp but then it kickes the fridge back on and so forth. I’m hoping it balances out

Did you add any water bottles yet? Ik most everything I've read says the water bottles help with the stabilizing temps especially when the door is open.

So I'd try putting water bottles to the left to help stabilize and possibly the 2/ 3 fans to the right pointing down. If it keeps cooling down to much try bring the controller temp probe up a shelf or two to kick the fridge off a tad earlier.

Back
Top Bottom