Need advice on handling my chameleon.

I have not gotten a chameleon yet....but am currently immersing myself in these forums and discussion boards. Additionally I have downloaded the Chameleon Breeder podcast ap (you can find it online also). These podcasts are amazing! Episode 85 talks about "taming your chameleon" and gives excellent advice. Episode 80 is on "handling your chameleon." Many of the other episodes are also incredible...discusses husbandry, etc.
I don’t know how I feel about the word taming . They have their personality’s , they have certain traits that won’t change . I have 3 chameleon’s at this point . 2 are so friendly they have been since day one . I contribute that’s solely to their care from hatchlings the frequency of handling from day one and time spent meaning lots and lots of time and dedication . Then We have a grumpy beauty queen . Let me tell you she is a queen . FRANCES is bossy , and intolerant . She will bite on a whim solely because that’s what she does and can . No one will ever tame Frances . We love her just the same and play by her rules and OH BOY IS THERE MANY RULES !!. We have eggs getting ready to hatch . I can not wait to see their temperaments and personality. Now I’m not an expert we have only had 3 chameleon’s .

Thankfully Bill Strand addresses the different personalities in that podcast. When I get my chameleon my goal will simply be to work towards a mutual comfort and respect (And should I ever have to administer medicine the podcasts offers advice and helpful tips). I am super excited to eventually have this "living art" in my home....regardless of personality. This creature will definitely be well loved and taken care of. My bearded dragon probably receives more care and attention than my personal teenage offspring. (Although Diva the Dragon is also much nicer at times LOL!).

Thankfully Bill Strand addresses the different personalities in that podcast. When I get my chameleon my goal will simply be to work towards a mutual comfort and respect (And should I ever have to administer medicine the podcasts offers advice and helpful tips). I am super excited to eventually have this "living art" in my home....regardless of personality. This creature will definitely be well loved and taken care of. My bearded dragon probably receives more care and attention than my personal teenage offspring. (Although Diva the Dragon is also much nicer at times LOL!).
When picking your baby I recommend picking someone like @Matt Vanilla Gorilla or @jannb . You may be looking into parsonii , trioxeros , Melleri , or Furcifer . There are so many choices . However pick someone whom spends time with their babies, breeds for personality, pics parents that are friendly and easily handled , Will give you much more of an indication of temperament of babies . If you start a thread of your own you can start lots of questions and get to know breeders on here .

I am so so so so annoyed!! I think I've burnt her a bit!! The light has been on and off for 12 hour stints as normal but I came into my room just now and she was a very dark brown colour so I turned the light straight off. It's been on for about an hour

I feel sooo horrible!! She shedded yesterday too and now this damn light has burnt her from what I can tell?

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_110421.jpg
    IMG_20180510_110421.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom