NEED ADVICE ASAP

Zeezee

My 6 month old chameleon Violet as of yesterday became very lethargic and started loosing strength and motivation. Today she went to the vet and found she had a sort of parasite and was a little dehydrated, after some fluids and a shot for her parasite she was looking better by the time she got home I shortened her cage so if she fell again it wouldn't be from too high and have been watching her all day but the only vet around able to help is closed and she is now having muscle spasms and is sitting with her mouth open. She's also pretty dark in color. She eats crickets and meal worms and everything is powdered in calcium and weekly vitamins in addition to some vitamins she got today. Just wondered if this has happened to any of you and if there was something that can help her be comfortable or help until morning when I can take her in

Can you post a photo of her please?

Does she have a lay bin in her cage?
She has a lay egg bin and the vet checked for eggs today and said she has none, right now she is laying on a shirt so she couldn't fall again after a few attempt of her rolling off the side, she's awake and the spasms are less frequent but still occuring

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 107
It looks like she may have MBD and that fits with the spasms too.
I need to see a photo from the side showing all of her...preferably one of each side of her.

Can you also answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum.

It looks like she may have MBD and that fits with the spasms too.
I need to see a photo from the side showing all of her...preferably one of each side of her.

Can you also answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum.
Her other side is propping her up and I don't wanna bother her too much at the moment and I'll get on that thread response

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 135
Female Veiled chameleon 6 months old been in my care for 3 months

Hasn't been handled besides today and yesterday due to sickness

2-3 med crickets a day available meal worms but hardly takes them

She has a humidifier that I keep her cage at about 50% humidity and cage gets misted down 4-5times daily

Mostly white Fecal matter with slight yellowing recently

She's in a 4ft tall four sided screen enclosure w a basking spot of 85 w a uvb light that stays on about 12 hours a day

No live plants

her cage is on the floor of my bedroom w minimal traffic in and out

And I'm in Northern California so the temperature has been dropping recently

What UVB light and how old is it? Is it the long linear type?
What supplements and how,often for each? Be specific...brand, content of D3, calcium, phos, vitamin A (from beta carotene or a prEformed source like palmitate or retinol, etc.).

Throat looks a bit swollen too but that could just be the camera angle and how she's holding her mouth slightly open. Once you answer Kinyongas supplement and lighting questions we will be able to help get your husbandry in order. If the proper supplements, lighting, and all are not corrected then there is no chance for recovery.

Back
Top Bottom