Need a question answered please :)

chamele

Hello. so i want to take my cham outside today for some sunlight. but the weather says its going to be 99 degrees today.....i dont want him to cook.
is that too hot? or can he be outside today??/

99 is quite hott, what type of cham is it, i would take my veiled or pather out in the shade for a bit with a mister in hand but wouldnt be leaving them out there for long at all.
jmo
hoj

I live in Fla and it is equally as hot as well as humid. I have my chameleon outside just about everyday. Just miist him down to cool off. Provde shade of course. Keep an eye on him and if he is continually gaping then I would bring him in. They will gape here and there and that is normal but if you see him in any kind of duress then I would bring him in and wait until later in the early evening and bring him outside then.

I would not take my kids out at that temp. When I have mine out at 75 I have a mister going the entire time they are out, and they always have dry shade areas available. The ambient temp may not be what your cham experiences. It is often hotter.

as said depents on the type of chameleon , veilleds and panthers can handle these warm temps but pygmee's and montane species not .
grts

Back
Top Bottom