Need a plant expert!

Chuck G

Avid Member
Picked up some good cheap plants at Home Depot and was wondering how safe these are. They are labeled as Ficus binnendykii narrow leaf fig alii.
Any help is appreciated!

I'll do some more research, but cut off a small branch to see if any sap comes of it.

-Chase

I'll do some more research, but cut off a small branch to see if any sap comes of it.

-Chase

Thanks for finding out the plant Chuck wants to use is safe, but just so you know, all three of the large ficus in with Lenny get sap all over my floor. I fight that stuff all time. I even drag 9' tall trees outside and clean them.:(

Thanks for finding out the plant Chuck wants to use is safe, but just so you know, all three of the large ficus in with Lenny get sap all over my floor. I fight that stuff all time. I even drag 9' tall trees outside and clean them.:(

I was just suggesting to find out if there was sap because I know some plant's sap are just cause irritation , not necessarily toxic though. Thanks though, Laurie :)

-Chase

I am thinking so, Jann. That is a Ficus binnendijkii alii, so it may just be a subspecies of a Ficus binnendijkii.

-Chase

i have alii's in two cages for a little over 6 months now. No issues yet. They needs lots of water and good lighting.

Back
Top Bottom