Need a name

goldk28611

Hi all,

New member and since my first Chameleon dying on me i have held back on naming this one that i've now had over 3mths.

My last one was called Eddy and had some issues when i got him which i knew about and wanted the challenge plus felt sorry for the guy as was the smallest in the family there, but he only lasted a few days... Then i went back to the reptile store and got this healthy one from the same family (largest of the bunch) but now i'm a bit more parranoid to any or slight changes (well long story : LINK HERE: https://www.chameleonforums.com/swollen-throat-not-22873/ )

Anyway back to naming...

DSCF0207copy.jpg

DSCF0178copy.jpg

DSCF0184copy.jpg

DSCF0218copy.jpg

DSCF0235copy.jpg

any suggestions???

I currently have:
Milk snake called Woody
2 Whites Tree frogs called Herbie and Hancock
2 firebellied toads called Kirk and Lars.
and "no name" the chameleon

If I owned that chameleon, I would call him Aurum (Or-um). It's the latin word for gold, as in the chemical Au, and your chameleon looks very golden!

Think we might have a winner in the first post!!

lol kinda fits my interwebnet name too :D

good thinking outside the box there!!

keep em coming though, its going to have to be good to top "Aurum"

Lol. Thanks. That's the science major in me. :rolleyes: You have a beautiful chameleon by the way.

Actually... It seams that your after band member names. I vote for "Page" after the great Jimmy Page, or The Reverend, after The Reverend Horton Heat.:)

Couldn't really tell, but is (s)he a male or female? Thought I might've seen a spur in the second pic, but couldn't exactly tell.

LOL - good names so far...

Yes he is a male.

Band names/artists are cool, but the others are only named that due to me being weird!! for exmaple Woody my snake was named that as there was 1 last bit of newpaper in the bag when i got him and it had a pun on the back "woody does it again" in reference to Tiger Woods. The firebellies were named after my fav band Metallica (did have 4 fires but 2 escaped - one of which funnily was called Jason too (will be relivant to Metallica fans) and Herbie and Hancock were named as when i collected them the first thing was to name them, got in the car and Herbie Hancock was on.
No such inspiring names this time round...

Aurum is winning at the moment, keep them coming though

chaMELeon012409: I see you have a milk too - do you have som pictures on here?

If I owned that chameleon, I would call him Aurum (Or-um). It's the latin word for gold, as in the chemical Au, and your chameleon looks very golden!

You beat me to it! The first thought when I saw his pic was "oh my goodness, he's golden!".

right i've explored some more options - as spent a long time in China so thought i'd look into a few things translated back to english...

started with golden - jin-se-de

Then found that they have their own name for Cham's - Bian-se-long

chameleon.gif

but would shorten the names down to Jin or Bian or even Bianse..... Aurum still sticking to me like glue though!

If i get enough names that i like might even put this to a poll

in sticking with the "golden theme"..........what about Charlie........he won the golden ticket......

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies but with a a friend last night the name just came...

I was sitting down eating fruit after dinner and a mate came round and said have you named him yet to which i replied no.
He wanted to see him again as not seen him in a few weeks, plus he is shedding and he wanted to have a look. My mate decided to say (meaning about his size) ahh look at him grow... and i thought he said "look at him mango" to which i PMSL as was eating Mango and Mellon as my fruit at the time... plus mango's being Green on the outside and yellow on the inside - think it fits perfect with his green/yellow colours.

So... he is now named "Mango"

:D:D

Back
Top Bottom