Natural foliage recommendations

LizardLover0261

What nontoxic plants/vines can you recommend? I have heard pothos is mildly toxic and not recommended and I'd much rather have natural foliage vs fake. I'm sure my little guy would too.

Pothos is toxic to mammals but not chams. Pothos and schefflera are the most common and are great for a chams enclosure.

Thank you. A specialty pets store around here had misinformed me about pothos then.

Nice ball python btw. I have a bumblebee ball morph and a pastel along with my veiled.

Any pothos alright or Just a specific one in the genus
As far as I know, they are all safe, but the Golden Pothos is the only one I know guaranteed, plus it is the prettiest in my opinion! If you put a big piece of driftwood in the enclosure, you can put a pothos in the middle of it, and that will look amazing!

51EE28E1-CE0E-4B19-AD5D-51458E46CD21.jpeg
5A2503C2-CF3D-4EBF-8AFF-B8A6CD2C2CC0.jpeg
3 pothos that have been growing in for a little over a year

I have Madagascar jasmine it is growing quickly, I have it in a window box planter. I have not done anything to care for it, not even water it- I guess it gets enough from the automatic mister.
I am taking cuttings and trying to root them, will keep everyone posted on how that goes.
Here is a Wiki link to the plant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanotis_floribunda
I got mine on Ebay shipped growing on a small trellis.
They supposedly smell amazing when they bloom.

View attachment 195267 View attachment 195266 What about this plant, I think it is a purple wandering Jew or Tradescantia Purple[/QUOTE

That plant will work poorly in the lighting conditions of a Chameleon enclosure.
Cissus, china doll, aeschynanthus, columnea, nemathanthus (goldfish plant), and some hoyas would be worth your investigation, if you’re looking for trailing, vining, or spreading plants that are a bit different than the usual, but will be safe and grow well with chameleons enclosure lighting and misting.

Back
Top Bottom