NARBC Chicago

danielle609

Established Member
So I was just looking at the list of Vendors attending The Chicago show at Tinley Park. I only saw 2 chameleon breeders and I was wondering if any other breeders would be there?? Is there anyone here that likes to visit this show?? I think I am going to try to pick up some pygmys there, but I would like to know who I am buying from. Thanks for any feedback and replies, I am looking forward to see who plans on selling/ being there!!

I didn't even know about this show till I saw this post but hopefully I will be checking it out. Do you know when it is? or a website for more info?

I went last year not going to make it this year :mad: but i did see about 6 people selling chams. but the only breeder i saw there was bluebeast. i had a great time talking and checking out new stuff.

o and i just counted 4 "breeders" and at least 6 people all together selling chams

Last edited:
You beat me to the punch. It's easy to get to from Michigan. It's right off of I-80 and Harlem Ave. Been there it's a great show.

I have seen Bluebeast there in the past, but I didn't see him on the vendor list for this year. I was disapointed :( . I actually am not planning on buying anything....but that could easily change when I get there. I will be going with my boyfriend so I could always give him the sad eyed look and ask for an early x-mas present :D

I'm not gonna be there again this year... With all the crap I needed to do the show, I ended up driving there last year, which took a week from my life to do the trip LOL... It's not a bad show, but seems like there's not much chameleon interest in comparison to the amount of people that showed up; it was really ball python heavy like most shows this year. Last year, the only other cham "breeder" that was there was Alison of Chameleon Corral, and I believe this year Amazing Blue Reptiles is making the trip over. I'm sure they'll have some nice stuff there based on the nice stuff they had a month ago in Anaheim. There will be the usual other chameleon re-sellers; LLL, Reptile Depot etc, just keep your eyes on them though. Hopefully the 9 "captive bred" adult flapnecks piled on eachother in a 12" cube will inspire you to spend your money with Amazing Blue or Cham Corral.

Chicago Show.........

It's still a pretty good show. Wish I could go. It's a good show to look at stuff other than chameleons too. Learning about reptiles in general will actually help you with your chameleons. If you go, stop by Gorgeous Geckos. The owner is a super nice woman. Crested Geckos are super cute. I am just getting into them. I have a dozen of them arriving next week. I've never done geckos but my work with chams is going to help me out tremendously. Shows like that are also a good place to get stuff for your cham cages. I like buying interesting sandblasted would for my chams at shows. I save a lot in shipping charges by picking them up myself. Lots of other good supplies there too. Have fun......I'm jealous......

I do agree about the ball pythons...there are a ton of them there! But I like to go just to look around. I might think about pygmies, but I am not sure if there would be anyone there that I would even think about buying them from. You have to be careful who you buy from. When I was young and nieve (about 4 years ago :) ) I out of the blue decided to buy a wc Jacksons from the show even though it is only suppose to be CB. It lived for almost a year until I found it in spasms on the floor at 2 in the morning. I still don't know if it was from a parasite or the fact that I didn't realize that the plastic on the uvb light had to be taken off. I would like to think that I learned a lot from my first "baby". But where are you from Catherine? You should enjoy the creties. I had some for quite a few years, but decided I really jujst wanted to give my chams all of my attention. I do love them though. You should run away and come to the show! I hope it is fun this year, I am thinking about attending the auction just to see how crazy it gets in there:D

The NARBC auctions are usually pretty entertaining for a while (Anaheim's was hilarious the first hour), then he kinda ran out of jokes LOL.... Nigel Marvin was up there trying to tell jokes but his first one wasn't funny so they made him tell another one LOL. Make sure you get a decent seat, Chicago's last year was in a long narrow room with terrible sound, so if you weren't in the front half, you couldn't hear what he was saying.

The NARBC auctions are usually pretty entertaining for a while (Anaheim's was hilarious the first hour), then he kinda ran out of jokes LOL.... Nigel Marvin was up there trying to tell jokes but his first one wasn't funny so they made him tell another one LOL. Make sure you get a decent seat, Chicago's last year was in a long narrow room with terrible sound, so if you weren't in the front half, you couldn't hear what he was saying.

I will keep that in mind. I just remember a post on the website saying something like "there will be drinking, profanity and nudity if your lucky" So I wanted to see if it was really that extreme.... If there is drinking then I know I could easily be entertained :D

Back
Top Bottom