Nails

Frenchie4858

Hello, I have 2 female veiled chameleons, at about 6 months of age. I noticed their nails getting long, they are quite shy and will not let me hold them. I know holding them stresses them so its not a big deal. But their nails are getting long do they need trimmed or is there some way for them to file them down, say like with a piece of slate?

Thanks

Jack

Hello, I have 2 female veiled chameleons, at about 6 months of age. I noticed their nails getting long, they are quite shy and will not let me hold them. I know holding them stresses them so its not a big deal. But their nails are getting long do they need trimmed or is there some way for them to file them down, say like with a piece of slate?

Thanks

Jack
my female panther has "big-o-ghetto nails" as well, my girlfriend wants to paint them, lol. Its just something that is going to hurt when you hold them, your gonna have to get used to it, i wish they could be trimmed, but they cant.

The nail punctures are not really that bad. I have little nicks all over my arms but it's just part of raising chams. You should see the nails on my daughters Melleri. It's a good thing he's friendly. Jann

my female panther has "big-o-ghetto nails" as well, my girlfriend wants to paint them, lol. Its just something that is going to hurt when you hold them, your gonna have to get used to it, i wish they could be trimmed, but they cant.

LOL "big-o-ghetto nails"

The nail punctures are not really that bad. I have little nicks all over my arms but it's just part of raising chams. You should see the nails on my daughters Melleri. It's a good thing he's friendly. Jann

Look at the nails on this Melleri.

Last edited:
thanks everyone, its not that the nails are sharp on me, cause I have never been able to hold them...I was just worried their nails would get too big and make it hard for them to climb

Back
Top Bottom