Naga v. Cicada

That is awesome! We have cicadas here too and they are so loud, how do you go about catching them? I can hear them on our poplar trees but can never find them.

That is awesome! We have cicadas here too and they are so loud, how do you go about catching them? I can hear them on our poplar trees but can never find them.

Go out at night. I wait until about midnight. Then look around your house, on fences, on tree trunks, etc. You will see the nymphs exiting the ground and crawling up whatever the nearest surface is. This is where they attach and shed their nymph exoskeleton. That is the easiest time to catch them. Once their wings dry and they begin to fly, it is difficult to catch them.

I go out at night for about ten minutes and can usually get 10 or so.

I'll have to try that on a night where I don't work the next day, I'm in bed by 10 lol. I caught some green hoppers from my in-law's organic garden yesterday and my panther ate them all in a matter of minutes!

MMMMMMMM... CICADAS.. IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER

Attachments

• 20160607_120725.jpg
    20160607_120725.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20160619_175656.jpg
    20160619_175656.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 120
I wish we had the smaller variety of cicada like that here. I would like to use them as feeders for all my mid size and up chameleons. But the ones here are just too big.

Back
Top Bottom