Mya's new enclosure :)

KatCham

Established Member
It's all set up :)

Waiting for LED lights and Viv lock. Then when temps n humidity satisfactory I can bring her home :)

Tiny compared to simbas enclosure!!

Took doors off to show inside as gloomy in that corner! Popped a tree branch in to give her the option of a little climb :)

Hide at cool end behind water bowl

Hide at hot end (heat mat under Viv at this end)

I'm quite pleased with it :)

Last edited:
As the temps weren't getting high enough, I've now reinstalled the heat mat inside the viv, as it says to for wooden vivs. I hadn't realised it had specific instructions in the packet DOH! It says just to put it on the wood floor as wood is a great insulator.

As you know it also says not to immerse it in water (which I wouldn't but don't want poop or excess humidity making contact) therefore I have put lino on the top and sealed it all round. The probes for stat and thermometer are both in contact with this and so she won't get burned.
Temp now showing 35.6C as just installed it so it's deffo getting hot enough now. Just need to keep adjusting the mat stat till it keeps it at the correct temp of 32C :)

Can't wait to get the LED kit in tomorrow!

All done :)

LED lights installed and viv lock on :)

Providing the temps and humidity remain correct throughout tomorrow, I can bring her home on Saturday!!! Eeeeeek!!!

Here's some pics with the lights on:

I can't wait to see her in there!!

Back
Top Bottom