Mya is home! :) (Vid and pics)

KatCham

Established Member
I'm so excited I could pop!!

Brought Mya home today

As you will see in vid and pics I've replaced the reptibark with beech chips as the humidity was just too high (plus I kept getting little splinters in my hands from the bark!)

Vid was taken on my phone so not the best quality and I had to do it in 2 parts due to memory shortage on phone (rolls eyes)

http://youtu.be/R4GVgn6Ijlk

http://youtu.be/0U0rP4a2rZU

Here's some pics too :

I expected her to go straight for her hide but shes spent the last 40 mins or so just having an explore
I just love her! She's so beautiful!

I need to take Lucas to a friends birthday party now but I'll post some more pics when we get back of her exploring her viv. She's really inquisitive!! Didn't expect her to go round the whole viv in the first day!! Lol

I'm in love with her!!!

Last edited:

She seems happy enough. Just hanging out on her tree at the mo.

Thanks Jann :) It's nice to see a light in that corner again :)

Off to upload some more pics of her exploring from this morning :)

She seems to like it up here a the moment but keeps going off for another look around :)

A little dip in the pool :)

She was just chilling by her pool when I went up to run Lucas's bath

Now I've come down, she's up her tree again!!!

Can't keep up with her! I expected her to go straight for her hide but she seems really intent on having a thorough look round!! LOL

Hoping that's a good sign!

I just can't get over how beautiful she is!!! :D

Congrats on finally getting Mya home. Her home looks lovely and big for her to roam in. How big is it? I know nothing about snakes, how big is Mya? I think she is beautiful.

Thanks Laurie!

Its only a 24" viv as she's just a baby so don't want to un nerve her in a viv that's too big.

I think she's about 20" long maybe? and thickness of 2 fingers I think. U can see better in the vids.

Was hoping to weigh her when I got her home but I forgot to be honest and didn't want to be faffing about just after her travelling so got her in her viv as quick as I could.

When I next handle her I'll get all her measurements ;) (10-14 days time)

Some of her spots looks like alien faces! I am not a snake fan but I sure do appreciate their beauty. I just don't like what they eat!!:eek:

Thanks Kath :)

I know what u mean Carol. I don't mind the rats at all. The locusts freaked me out more than they do. I'm just pleased I don't have to cull them! I couldn't do that!!

Hoping to try feeding her tonight :) Came down this morning to find a huge poop and Mya curled up under her warm hide :)

She fed too!! :)

Going to leave her alone till Thursday now so she can digest her meal and properly settle in :)

Just thought I'd share a few more pics :)

Got her out yesterday to weigh her as suspected she needs bigger feeders (which she does) so have ordered online.

She only weighs 146g but body condition wise she is apparently healthy.

Hopefully she'll pile on the pounds now she'll be getting rat fluffs from Thursday :)

Pretty girl :)

Back
Top Bottom